Side panel blowing off.

Good day to all, I have a 2010 Rocker 3 Touring. Twice my right side panel has blown off. I retrieved it the first time with only minor scratches. I renewed the rubber grommets and it was a good tight fit.... but it has blown off again and was destroyed by following traffic. I think the right side gets much hotter than the left side because of the heat from the exhaust manifold blowing backwards directly onto and into the side panel area, softening the retaining grommets. I admit that it only came off at around 100 mph. Both side panels are now secured with a small cable tie after drilling them near the forward top mounting lug. Has any one had the same problem ?? PS. I scoured the world for a replacement panel and found a new one....£159.99p to you sir !!! Why so expensive ?? Regards to all. Erico
Yes my left side fell off the very first time I drove it down my street. I replaced grommets with tighter fit ones, so far so good . I would like to laser scan both sides and see if I could get SS ones fabricated.

Back