If you decide on Progressives, they are running a special till the end of this week (Friday) buy 444s and get their fork springs free.

I've given up on Progressive Suspension. Every time I go to their website, the 444's are out of stock and the availability date gets pushed out further and further.

Don't give up @Walking Tall here is the link to Progressive 444 with free front fork springs deal as stated it runs until 19th June.

The famed Robert Taylor from KSS

For NZ or Aussie buyers looks they may be able to supply the custom front fork cartridge upgrade @Tbone had made using Adreanii cartdriges.

Andreani adjustable cartridges I picked up today at Fast Bike Industries in Hendersonville, NC

Kit was $595 but they had to do some mods cuz they don't make one for the Rocket so add another $200 for that. Next set will be easier for them since now they will have a baseline.
1592270168565.png

Don't give up @Walking Tall here is the link to Progressive 444 with free front fork springs deal as stated it runs until 19th June.

Yes, I saw that on their site. But the 444's are out of stock till 7/30, when they undoubtedly will push the date out again as they have for months now. They were unresponsive to an email inquiry I made recently as well. So, although I like that promo deal, and this was the company I wanted to go with, it won't do me any good if they don't have what I need in stock while the promo is going on.

You don't have to buy from them. Look around (you may have already). I had a hell of a time finding what I wanted and then had to get the HD sprung units cause that's all I could find in stock at the time. If I decide to change out springs later it's still under $100. What size/color/springs are you after?What p/n were you looking for.

You don't have to buy from them. Look around (you may have already). I had a hell of a time finding what I wanted and then had to get the HD sprung units cause that's all I could find in stock at the time. If I decide to change out springs later it's still under $100. What size/color/springs are you after?What p/n were you looking for.
I was thinking of going a half inch longer than stock with h/d springs because of my size and weight. But that may require doing something with the front end. It's frustrating. Seems like a lot of accessories virtually disappeared when the 2.3 liter model went out in 2018.

I just bought 13" HD sprung, black ones a few weeks back. You want black or chrome?

Black
$557.61 Amazon.com: Progressive Suspension 444-4221B Black 13" Standard Big Mile Riders Rear Suspension Shock: Automotive
$554.15 Progressive Suspension 444 Cruiser Shocks 13.0" Black (444-4221B)

Chrome
That's where the problems seem to lie...
T
I just bought 13" HD sprung, black ones a few weeks back. You want black or chrome?

Black
$557.61 Amazon.com: Progressive Suspension 444-4221B Black 13" Standard Big Mile Riders Rear Suspension Shock: Automotive
$554.15 Progressive Suspension 444 Cruiser Shocks 13.0" Black (444-4221B)

Chrome
That's where the problems seem to lie...
May I ask, why did you go with the 13" instead of the 12.5"? Also, I noticed in the fitment chart for the second choice you gave, it only goes up to 2013. I'd prefer the black spring, over chrome.

I went with 13" to add a little height and figured it would increase dropping into the corners. I'm right around 6' so I'm not on my tippy toes anyway. I leaned on @1olbull for info regarding talking to someone with personal experience w/ the 444s. He's a big guy too and ran the HD springs for awhile before going to STD springs which he stated he likes much better. You can always pick his brain too.

Not sure what you're saying about the second choice comment. According to Progressive's website, the correct P/N for your bike w/ 13" height, HD springs, and black is 444-4221B (same thing I bought for my '17 Roadster). I agree about Progressive emails not getting returned, I did however call and they answered the phone, so there's that. Like I said, but before Friday and get the fork springs free, so it's basically another $100 off.

I went with 13" to add a little height and figured it would increase dropping into the corners. I'm right around 6' so I'm not on my tippy toes anyway. I leaned on @1olbull for info regarding talking to someone with personal experience w/ the 444s. He's a big guy too and ran the HD springs for awhile before going to STD springs which he stated he likes much better. You can always pick his brain too.

Not sure what you're saying about the second choice comment. According to Progressive's website, the correct P/N for your bike w/ 13" height, HD springs, and black is 444-4221B (same thing I bought for my '17 Roadster). I agree about Progressive emails not getting returned, I did however call and they answered the phone, so there's that. Like I said, but before Friday and get the fork springs free, so it's basically another $100 off.
I will call them, as the website shows everything out of stock till 7/30.

Yeah, that's for Progressive themselves. When I bought mine, Progressive showed them OOS until mid-June. I had a hard time finding what I wanted in stock. Finally found a few vendors that had some on hand. I really wanted the STD sprung ones but no one had them anywhere, so I went with the Heavy duty ones. Just cause Progressive doesn't have any in stock doesn't mean that no vendors out there don't have stock on hand.

Back