First time modding my 11' Roadster. Suggestions

quadzilla200

.020 Over
Ride
Nothing Currently
I'm not mechanically inclined but I want to learn.
My valve cover gasket busted on me and I saw some posts where people switch to RamAir or K&N when fixing that. Any recommendations? Is it worth it? The bike is plenty fast for me already, but if that makes it easier to work on later, I thought it might be worth doing while I'm working on that.

Any other mods I should consider while doing this repair, for somebody with a 2 on a scale of 1-5 with mechanical knowledge. I found a great YouTube video of a guy installing the RamAir, which is also helping me not get so overwhelmed with the valve cover gasket. It is a bit scary when you lift up that tank for the first time and see how crowded it is.

Are any of the exhaust systems under $800? There really aren't any great sound examples on this bike. The Carpenters sounded nice, but they are above my price range. I like the quietness of the bike, but in terms of safety I'd like to have some noise to alert others to my presence.

The ramair or k&n filters are pretty easy to do, removing the stock stuff is hardest part. It's a "fun" mod, not going to see big return on power, but doesn't cost a lot. A full exhaust system is going to cost money and might require returning, but if you are just looking to change sound , leave the stock header and crossover on, and look for slip-on mufflers. You can look for used ones on here or search eBay, or measure the diameter of your stock ones and look for universal cheap ones. The universal ones might require some fab work to bolt up to brackets.

Back