She is officially gone!

foxviewnet

With foxes we must play the fox!
Ride
2007 Rocket iii Classic 2006 Yamaha Vmax
Alrighty R3 friends, my Vmax was purchased tonight :( Sniff, Sniff and is officially headed to her new home in Portland TN. Great guy drove 4 hours through rain and T-storms to get here and decided to take her home so I don't have any heartburn about letting her go. She will be loved and cared for without a doubt. Now I am devoted to just one bike!
This being said, from the proceeds, I have a few extra nickels to put some love into my "new to me" R3. ;)

I would like some suggestions on a TuneECU tune that may help with decel popping and maybe minor performance (If Available) for a stock 2007 R3 Classic. Also I would like to be considering an aftermarket exhaust that would be beneficial for power gains in conjunction with Ramair or individual K&N filters. I am all ears and I really do appreciate your input. Thanks!
Chris

Once I rode the R3 a few times, I also sold my other bikes.

3827.jpeg IMG_0726.JPG s-l1600 (11).jpg
The R3 is not just a Rocket but a fun bike to work with.
There is good advice, motivation and support when facing failure from this group

I have never ridden a V Max. Almost bought one but the ridding position did not suit me well.
The Rocket does not disappoint. It can get finicky but all bikes are like that.

Have fun.
2729.jpg

I rode the Vmax one last time yesterday and it was a joy. However, after riding the R3 for just a week it was somewhat awkward to get my feet back under me on the pegs and it felt much smaller than I remember. (in just a week.) All the torque and V-4 rumble was still there and even got one last compliment sitting at the light and a guy next to me rolls down the window and says "Awesome bike...What year?". One last sprint from 20-100 with a wheelie in first and second, so it was a great farewell.

My thoughts are that the 1st Gen Max is a great bike with its own personality and character. There are many mods that come with the price of time, money, and tuning. Thankfully there are lots of parts still available but you better know what you are getting into every
time you bolt one on. You can easily undo with one part what you accomplished with a previous mod. It is a delicate dance.

I am looking forward to more simplicity in the ecu tuning rather than jet tuning and carb syncs along with more efficient turnaround results. I love to ride, not spending a month tuning and re-tuning to get it perfect. The R3 offers me more fun and riding gratification in the long run with mods that can be added and tested the same day or same week, lol! What a novel idea. My friends tell me I am a "torque slut" but I could be worse things than this. I am looking forward to the Rocket 3 adventure and I am excited to have my new Rocket friends here to share it with! Let's Ride!
Chris
PS_0992W_WARNING_LABEL1.jpg

Once I rode the R3 a few times, I also sold my other bikes.

3827.jpeg IMG_0726.JPG s-l1600 (11).jpg
The R3 is not just a Rocket but a fun bike to work with.
There is good advice, motivation and support when facing failure from this group

I have never ridden a V Max. Almost bought one but the ridding position did not suit me well.
The Rocket does not disappoint. It can get finicky but all bikes are like that.

Have fun.
2729.jpg
Ok 1K9 I give up, what is the shiny bright thing in picture No. 3. I can't believe it's a ramp of some kind.

Alrighty R3 friends, my Vmax was purchased tonight :( Sniff, Sniff and is officially headed to her new home in Portland TN. Great guy drove 4 hours through rain and T-storms to get here and decided to take her home so I don't have any heartburn about letting her go. She will be loved and cared for without a doubt. Now I am devoted to just one bike!
This being said, from the proceeds, I have a few extra nickels to put some love into my "new to me" R3. ;)

I would like some suggestions on a TuneECU tune that may help with decel popping and maybe minor performance (If Available) for a stock 2007 R3 Classic. Also I would like to be considering an aftermarket exhaust that would be beneficial for power gains in conjunction with Ramair or individual K&N filters. I am all ears and I really do appreciate your input. Thanks!
Chris

Congrats to ya!
My V2K moved out last Sunday.
After 12 good years, it went to a new home!
Sad to see it go, BUT neglect is cruel and since my R3R moved in (2012) it gets all my love!

These lowers, as they call them, came from a Harley FLH. There are many aftermarket suppliers. I got these on ibay. I installed them using an extra set of Triumph clamps.

Do they work? I installed them while I still had the sport R3 shield, which was too short for me. Upgraded a 7 Jurock 21" clear, straight. Nice.

Recently took the shield off just to see how the bike felt. The Rocket slices air well, better with these. The faster above 60 mph the better they work. Jus lean forward some and there is nice clean air hauling ass. A full face, to avoid bugs and dirt face strikes and a bug shield it might be enough protection in warm weather. Air is a lot smoother in the clear.

All in all, it was cheap about 60$ total, looks cool, flies well... worth it.

HansO, is that better? BTW the 2007 is purring like a kitten.

The Car Tire mod... so far so good. I just fart around so for me. Much better road dampening and smoother ride.

Apologies for the thread hijack!

Ok 1K9 I give up, what is the shiny bright thing in picture No. 3. I can't believe it's a ramp of some kind.

I got a similar pair in stainless steel from a bloke in the UK for 50 quid - and had to come up with a mounting method, at least they had no holes to start so they did not look like Swiss cheese once finished (my homemade mounting brackets fulfilled that task:(:thumbsdown:).
(See Post#3 here Lower Deflectors for the Rocket ). That thread will assist you a lot.

I had to make up some brackets to mount them to my existing screen brackets and then relocate my stock front blinkers to the new SS lowers. There is a good 10" of cable each side available to do so and I did not have to cut or re-wire anything. I mounted mine much higher than @1K9 did so they are behind and overlap the bottom of the screen. Hence the need to relocate blinkers.

It seems to have worked well but I have not experimented with screen angle heights or angles yet.
Before I cut a vent hole in the screen I will experiment with the gap between bottom of screen and twin headlights and the screen angles. I look over the screen, not through it and prefer that I think.

Did a 3000 km trip and they worked fine but took off for summer.

I have thought about copying the adjustable and open/closing Clearview venting system by finding and using a car dash vent from an auto wreckers, cutting the hole to suit with a Dremel rotary tool.
Got slack and found a slightly smaller 'Summer' screen with vent fitted already - must be time for a cleanout in a month or so as I now have 3x 'Fly' (OEM clear, OEM black and black custom jumbo sized), 3x OEM 'Roadster' and the OEM 'Summer' screen with brackets for all. Probably cut back to just 3 - one of each to swap out for different seasons.

Last edited:
Back