Scorpio SR-i500SW alarm Installation

RiderRocketman

Supercharged
I already have the Scorpio alarm on my bike but didn't use the harness since they didn't have them 3 years ago. I'd like to know if using their wiring harness, does the alarm now use the "alarm active" LED in the speedo (or is it the tach) face? Might be worth getting the harness if it does.

Rider,

Their instruction manual doesn't show any connection for a status LED.

It should be pretty easy to rig it, though, with a small circuit on the ground side of the alarm system. Can you check how much current the unit draws both when it's armed and when it's disarmed?

B

Last weekend I installed a Scorpio alarm on my R3. I had one on my Goldwing for 4 years and never had a problem with it so I decided to hook one up on the Rocket. Scorpio is located here in Scottsdale AZ, just across the street from where I work. So last week I went over to their shop to get the perimeter sensor, engine cut out switch and the Triumph wire harness connector. The guy I talked to was the owner's son. Very nice, knowledgeable fellow. He even was nice enough to solder together the cut out switch to the wire harness so it would be completely plug and play, no wire cutting needed. Triumph has done us a great service by installing that alarm plug in the wire harness. In that plug is everything you need to hook up the alarm system.

I spoke to the son about the LED and what could be done to hook it up to the alarm. According to him there is a way to do it using the lead for the perimeter sensor. But I discovered that it puts out 12 volts and burned out my LED in the instrument panel, ooops :shock: . I believe the LED runs on about 3 volts. I know Radio Shack sells self blinking LEDs but I think they are also 3 volts. If I could find one that is the same size and could run off of 12 volts, maybe I could just replace the LED that I burned out and have that blinking thing working when the alarm is on.

For those interested in making that instrument panel LED light up, the wires that control it are #10 and #11 on the factory alarm connector. Ground is #10 and positive is #11. Wire #12 is a ground wire, so you could just hook a jumper wire from #12 to #10. Just don't use to much juice or you'll burn the LED out like I did.

Back