Some cyllnders require the special touch
1st loosen bleeder and pry on brake pad to push piston in till fluid comes out
Sometimes u have to use your finger to get fluid into the caliper. With finger u can fill a very small amount of pressure then release then cover release pedal very slow. Repeat untill fluid bypasses finger then bleed like normal.

Spoke to my dealer today and taking the bike in for new seat and rear brake adjustments.
Seems like mine failed yesterday when used the pedal and only works when I pump it few times
Dealer said that's not a recall and usually there is no issues (as they say)

Spoke to my dealer today and taking the bike in for new seat and rear brake adjustments.
Seems like mine failed yesterday when used the pedal and only works when I pump it few times
Dealer said that's not a recall and usually there is no issues (as they say)
Sounds like an a### covering exercise

No, they said thats all it needed.
Do you think its electronics?

brakes dont just start going to the floor, without something being wrong. There is most likely a different problem. Did the rear brake get worse over time for you? and how many miles does it have?

brakes dont just start going to the floor, without something being wrong. There is most likely a different problem. Did the rear brake get worse over time for you? and how many miles does it have?
I did about 3500ks (not sure in miles)
and haven't been riding for a while, then used the bike on a test ride around the block and noticed rear brakes didn't engage. So I tested the theory and until I pumped the brakes they didn't work at all.
Could have been faulty valve maybe and air got in?

it would seem that the back brakes have not been bleed correctly on the 2020 rockets , need to be done with a bleeding tool pumping the peddle will not do the job

My brother (a mechanic) who has a new R3 also bled out the rear bakes, as he said the fool at the factory didn't finish the job, he bled his out and no problem now.

It seems like the same guy at the factory did them all same, leaving just enough air in the system to cause problems.

Also it might have been the same guy that did the head bearing adjustment, that was loose also.

My brother (a mechanic) who has a new R3 also bled out the rear bakes, as he said the fool at the factory didn't finish the job, he bled his out and no problem now.

It seems like the same guy at the factory did them all same, leaving just enough air in the system to cause problems.

Also it might have been the same guy that did the head bearing adjustment, that was loose also.
seems strange, but they jump on doing the repairs right away.
So till my warranry is valid I will be taking it back as many times as possible. Everything else seems good.
Whats the issue with head bearing?

Back