Recall information request

While my bike (delivered May '21) was not on the recall list, I did notice the rear brakes getting worse over time. It wasn't until they bled them yesterday I realised they were sh*t from day 1! Very firm pedal now. FWIW, the dealer was very forthright (surprisingly) stating that it is an ABS module issue and if my brakes get spongy again they'll have to replace it. He said that according to Triumph it is not all units, but some had "issues during initial assembly" that caused them to fail.
...heard the same from my dealer

Last week, I was having rear brake issues where it would not fully stop the bike. I was not aware there was a recall but found out when I took the bike in. Just as Gadget said, they would only flush it out now and if it happened again (the service guy said it would happen again), they would fix the ABS. I think they should fix it completely now under warranty but I'm not going to have that battle.

I took my bike in for the recall just to make sure everything was ok. I had never had a problem with them but was just being cautious. It made no change in the performance or feel. I guess they were fine.

Last week, I was having rear brake issues where it would not fully stop the bike. I was not aware there was a recall but found out when I took the bike in. Just as Gadget said, they would only flush it out now and if it happened again (the service guy said it would happen again), they would fix the ABS. I think they should fix it completely now under warranty but I'm not going to have that battle.
If the rear calliper is failing without riding duration or parts abuse. Those two factors alone should warrant a customer review.

While my bike (delivered May '21) was not on the recall list, I did notice the rear brakes getting worse over time. It wasn't until they bled them yesterday I realised they were sh*t from day 1! Very firm pedal now. FWIW, the dealer was very forthright (surprisingly) stating that it is an ABS module issue and if my brakes get spongy again they'll have to replace it. He said that according to Triumph it is not all units, but some had "issues during initial assembly" that caused them to fail.
According to Triumph....The brake problems are just a “ luck of the draw issue?.” ...Wow, my 2020 has 4K klm’s on it. Already has both mirrors cracked, this same rear brake issue, and “ the engine vibration from hell” problem no one else on the planet seems to have. I probably should have won the lottery by now, since I’ve played it every week for 20 fkn years now. And have never had these odds match up in a couple months.

As I understand from our dealer here in the Phoenix metro area of Arizona it’s a failure in assembly to bleed the rear brake properly. With ABS that may not be a simple DYI job, so check with a trusted tech or a shop/repair manual first. Mine wasn’t included in the recall and it works as it should.

As I understand from our dealer here in the Phoenix metro area of Arizona it’s a failure in assembly to bleed the rear brake properly. With ABS that may not be a simple DYI job, so check with a trusted tech or a shop/repair manual first. Mine wasn’t included in the recall and it works as it should.

IF your pedal goes down and hits a solid stop then it needs bleed

I have had mine done twice. I use very little rear brake and have not amassed no where near as many miles as some on here have. Twice in one year with limited riding and maybe 10% rear brake while stopping. I now use more rear brake when riding just to see if it's going to happen again meaning rear brake bottoms out. So far so good but I take it up to 55 to 60 and apply only the rear brake to stop just to see if it will malfunction. I have a bad feeling it will soon enough. My rear pads look brand new but truthfully I have already noticed a very slight difference in rear braking than after the last brake bleed by the dealers. It was hard and firm (I know) now it's a touch softer and sinks in faster but still acceptable. Time will tell but to have to go in a third time would really set me off. It really must be the un-luck of the draw.:mad:

I took my bike in for the recall just to make sure everything was ok. I had nev
The issue I maintain is that an improperly bled brake system from reservoir to calliper should never work properly. And unless there’s a clear fluid leak, a system should not work excellent one day, and almost not at all the few days after that. There’s more going on here than assembly line oversight.

The issue I maintain is that an improperly bled brake system from reservoir to calliper should never work properly. And unless there’s a clear fluid leak, a system should not work excellent one day, and almost not at all the few days after that. There’s more going on here than assembly line oversight.
🤔

Back