Rear brake recall

Searched the triumph website and my VIN shows no recalls outstanding. I called my dealer and he said they had done the rear brake on that bike. I'm going to give them a chance to do it again but in the mean time I've purchased the dealer tool and if it happens again I will try to do it myself.

I had the dealer redo the recall on my 2020 R yesterday. I now know my bike wasn't right when I bought it in November. The rear brake is much firmer now. In fact I remember riding it home the first time thinking I needed to adjust the rear brake peddle as I had to really push my toe down to get decent braking. But now it is firm and I don't have push but a 1/2 inch or so.

Using Triumph recall search, my 2020 R has no recalls. My bike is only 2 1/2 months old with 1500 miles on it yet the rear brake feels like stepping on sponge cake. It clearly needs to be bled. On the Ducati forums, some Multistrada's are having a similar problem. The say that the rear master and reservoir is too close the the catalytic converter and gets hot and boils a little leaving bubbles in the line. The fix for them is to use hi-temp racing brake fluid. I wonder if this is also the problem.
That is true Ducati side is same problem beause they is using same Rembo brake. My friend has Ducati Dieavel and he has same problem. He told me: before hi is starting to ride he push rear brake pedal couple times and brake is working well.

I found a video about how to do it by yourself the right way with dealertool software. Though, I never had this rear brake issue.
Hope the video helps someone.
Regards

Back