Rear brake recall

Any links to the recall? What do they replace?

Using Triumph recall search, my 2020 R has no recalls. My bike is only 2 1/2 months old with 1500 miles on it yet the rear brake feels like stepping on sponge cake. It clearly needs to be bled. On the Ducati forums, some Multistrada's are having a similar problem. The say that the rear master and reservoir is too close the the catalytic converter and gets hot and boils a little leaving bubbles in the line. The fix for them is to use hi-temp racing brake fluid. I wonder if this is also the problem.

Using Triumph recall search, my 2020 R has no recalls. My bike is only 2 1/2 months old with 1500 miles on it yet the rear brake feels like stepping on sponge cake. It clearly needs to be bled. On the Ducati forums, some Multistrada's are having a similar problem. The say that the rear master and reservoir is too close the the catalytic converter and gets hot and boils a little leaving bubbles in the line. The fix for them is to use hi-temp racing brake fluid. I wonder if this is also the problem.
Funny you said that as my Rocket had the second problem with the rear brakes going to the floor after a spirited ride (not crazy) on the backroads in 90 degree heat. After around 40 or so minutes I feathered the rear brakes and noticed I had no rear brake. I also smelled a weird smell that was burnt in nature. I thought maybe I tore a brake line and the fluid went on the exhaust someplace. We will see in a few months when it gets hot here again I will hit the same area and try to duplicate the prior ride. The strange part is it really wasn't a hooligan ride and to most on here it was probably like I said, spirited'' at best. I do keep the RPM's up so the engine and exhaust get extremely hot. Just for info the rear pads are like new.

Last edited:
Funny you said that as my Rocket had the second problem with the rear brakes going to the floor after a spirited ride (not crazy) on the backroads in 90 degree heat. After around 40 or so minutes I feathered the rear brakes and noticed I had no rear brake. I also smelled a weird smell that was burnt in nature. I thought maybe I tore a brake line and the fluid went on the exhaust someplace. We will see in a few months when it gets hot here again I will hit the same area and try to duplicate the prior ride. The strange part is it really wasn't a hooligan ride and to most on here it was probably like I said, spirited'' at best. I do keep the RPM's up so the engine and exhaust get extremely hot. Just for info the rear pads are like new.

more than likely u have air in the caliper and when the air gets hot it expands and displaces the fluid. not enough fluid no brakes.

more than likely u have air in the caliper and when the air gets hot it expands and displaces the fluid. not enough fluid no brakes.
But twice? So they bled the first time and that lasted around 8 months then the second time in August or September, The dealer said it took them around 4 hours (after they finally got to it) to slowly/methodically bleed the brakes to make sure it doesn't happen again. If it does happen again when I follow the same riding I did before then something isn't right I would assume. It's suspect at a minimum. Anyone else on here believe they should subtract the time in for recalls and reimburse you as I would have at least an extra 40 days on my warranty by now.

I never had rear brake issues on my 2020 GT in 12000 kms but did bleed them myself to see if there was air in there. In saying that, i dont use my brakes much...mostly the front brake just to slow a tad for corners and the rear if im going way too quick. There was a few bubbles and so i was glad i did it. When i sold the bike, the new owner was out riding with his lady on the back and he lost all rear peddle...he pumped on the peddle and it came back...so he put it in the shop and had them done....I checked for recalls when i had it and the vin didnt come up so i thought it was fine....then after the new owner had problems we checked again and there it was!...strange i thought.

But twice? So they bled the first time and that lasted around 8 months then the second time in August or September, The dealer said it took them around 4 hours (after they finally got to it) to slowly/methodically bleed the brakes to make sure it doesn't happen again. If it does happen again when I follow the same riding I did before then something isn't right I would assume. It's suspect at a minimum. Anyone else on here believe they should subtract the time in for recalls and reimburse you as I would have at least an extra 40 days on my warranty by now.

I WOULD SAY IF IT HAD A PROBLEM (SORry caps) under warranty then they should take care of that prob long after the warranty runs out.

Back