i heard the panniers are a bit 2nd rate too...come on Triumph...get with the programme...a great bike but some ****ty fittings!..the false radiator cap made of plastic and not guaranteed to go south as youre galloping along!...my cobbers 'R' model radiator cap was just sitting there waiting to go the other day...WTF?
Triumph did a nice job with the gas cap design. I like how you don't have to use your key to fill up unless you chose to lock the gas cap. Radiator cap setup is very disappointing. Waaaayyy to cheesy for the price of the bike.

I would love to know about this. My rear used to be nice and firm, so i bled it and it was firm for awhile while using the front brake first, now the rear brake performance sucks after about 300 miles!! Ive already had my bike in the dealer twice for brake issues. They need to get there **** together with a bike at this price point.. Allbeit its the first year of this model so i expected problems..

"Tal said"
i heard the panniers are a bit 2nd rate too...come on Triumph...get with the programme...a great bike but some ****ty fittings!..the false radiator cap made of plastic and not guaranteed to go south as youre galloping along!...my cobbers 'R' model radiator cap was just sitting there waiting to go the other day...WTF?

I've got a set, I think they are clever and well designed. They weight next to nothing and they are (relatively) secure. A bit of thought has gone into letting an owner key the bag locks to the master key.

Having had all sorts of panniers of all kinds of materials, I've become fond of these vacuum molded resin impregnated high tech fabrics as they lend themselves to good motorcycle design, they're practical and good looking.

I've used them on both my KTM's, a 990 SMT and my current 1290 Super Duke R and they are, as our Aussie friends would say, 'The Duck's Nuts".

I would love to know about this. My rear used to be nice and firm, so i bled it and it was firm for awhile while using the front brake first, now the rear brake performance sucks after about 300 miles!! Ive already had my bike in the dealer twice for brake issues. They need to get there **** together with a bike at this price point.. Allbeit its the first year of this model so i expected problems..
I just had mine in on Monday at the dealer, rear brake was really spongy, this was the 2nd time, according to them they replaced the banjo washer, and re-bleed the brakes, cant see how a banjo washer would introduce air into the brakes, you would think it would leak fluid if it was faulty, but lets see how it goes over the next few weeks....

Had the same problem with the rear brake getting air in the line somewhere. Dealer replaced the ABS module and so far so good. Now one of my poorly made panniers zipper has bit the dust!! Anyone have any other pannier options?? Man I really do love this bike. Went to a bike and coffee Sunday last week and most folks took a while to warm up to the big girl, but then a bunch of Triumph riders started asking questions! I think most people just don't know what to make of it. I tell them one ride should do it:p:p:p
had a zipper separate on one when i tried to do it, unzipped it all the way, then back up again and it seems to be working now, but man, all this R&D and that was the best fastening system they could come up with? i have to find out what the warranty is on them

I have had that happen a couple of times now, I thought i was losing my mind, but yes finally figured out it was the bike and not me, the pedal was going way down, it has to go to the dealership to be checked, but i noticed how close the reservoir is to the exhaust, and i'm wondering if the brake fluid is over heating, with the combination of heat being generated through the system while braking, combined with the exhaust heat, if the oil gets to hot it will cause the brake pedal to fade, if it gets really hot, beyond the oils heat rating, you will lost all rear braking ability, i was debating making some form of a heat shield to see if that makes any difference
i did notice that if i stay off of the rear brake for a bit when this happens, it comes back to life again

Took my broken zippered bag to my dealer today and they have ordered me a replacement pair. Only pairs of bags in the states, no singles I was told. Great service from my dealer, Triumph of Albuquerque!! They are treating me very well whenever I have a problem with the 3R!

I have had that happen a couple of times now, I thought i was losing my mind, but yes finally figured out it was the bike and not me, the pedal was going way down, it has to go to the dealership to be checked, but i noticed how close the reservoir is to the exhaust, and i'm wondering if the brake fluid is over heating, with the combination of heat being generated through the system while braking, combined with the exhaust heat, if the oil gets to hot it will cause the brake pedal to fade, if it gets really hot, beyond the oils heat rating, you will lost all rear braking ability, i was debating making some form of a heat shield to see if that makes any difference
i did notice that if i stay off of the rear brake for a bit when this happens, it comes back to life again

having a small amount of air will work when cool but when u heat that air it expands and displaces the fluid then u do not have enough fluid to apply the pistons (no brake)
when it cools off u have brakes.

Back