Here's something that has been pretty tacitly said throughout this thread; Triumph riders "ride" their bikes. Most of us bought our bike because it was a) different, b) had tons of torque, c) it handled well for a big girl. It handled well for a big girl with the stock suspension. The later OEM suspensions have gotten better but still fall behind aftermarket add-ons. Mostly because Rocket riders tend to ride aggressively or much more aggressively than our contemporaries on Sport/Touring/Cruisers.

I'm 6'4" tall and the stock saddle height was great for me. Others with altitude challenges have needed/wanted to make changes.

Good luck in your hunt.:D As has already been said "Don't drive one unless your ready to spend money cause you'll fall in love on the test drive!" (sic)

I opted to just put top shelf rebuildable shocks on mine and be done with it. (Hagon Nitros):cool:[/QUOTE]

how did you order your nitros,? did you add a 100pounds to your body weight so it included luggage or pillion, sport or cruising

The R3 is a great bike, no doubt...but it's all relative.
I am lucky enough to have 3 bikes: an R3T, a Hayabusa, and a KLR. Each totally different from the other. And, let me tell you, no matter which one I ride, I always feel like it's the "perfect" bike...at least for that particular day. For smooth power-cruising, the Rocket is tops; for sheer acceleration and speed, nothing beats the Busa; and then there's the KLR: it's the bike that takes me places I really probably shouldn't even go. And it gets me back home again.

Buy the bike that suits your fancy (or fancies, as the case may be). And if you buy used, you save a bunch of cash. Then modify them as your tastes require, and as your budget permits.

CW

Back