Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
So i got myself one of these DNA air filters and set to installing it the other weekend. My cobber came around to help. We had the bike up on a lift which was awesome as the filter height was perfect when i was sitting on a small stool.
I had undone the bolt at the rear of the tank and also at the front of the tank and attached a tiedown to the front and the other end up on a rafter above us. We wanted to lift the tank a bit more as we were finding it difficult to get the filter housing out and so we lifted the tank a tad more and 'POP'!...WTF was that?...turns out the extra lift put too much tension on the fuel line coupling and it broke the plastic elbow.
If i knew before what i know now we would have disconnected the coupling...i couldn't see it hidden behind bits of bike!!....BLOODY HELL!....oh well, a cable tie around the hose and continue on...we will get another plastic coupling and smack it on later....no worries!
Finished the job and rang the dealer to order a new fitting...'None in the country sorry, will have to order one.'..it comes with the hose and banjo fitting as a complete unit and costs a zillion dollars!...6 to 8 weeks waiting as the orders from Triumph UK only come in once a month.....Bugger!
My cobber went home...I went inside ...washed up...had tea and saw i had missed a call from my cobber...rang him and he was laying on the floor with an ambulance team hovering over him!...he had slipped and fallen and broke his leg in 4 places!!..it was twisted as he fell so a spiral affect!..He lives alone and was trying to get hold of me to help him...my phone was out by the bike in the garage still...
NOT A GOOD DAY!
So no bike for a few weeks and im now his home help lol...

Au$156.75 here in Oz, sORRY i CANNOT ASSIST WITH YOUR MATE'S LEG TOO!

1660618241387.png

T1240349 - T3 ASSEMBLY HOSE FEED​

• Reference​

• Part Number​

T1240349
  • Description​

T3 ASSEMBLY HOSE FEED
  • Price​

Au$156.75

Sorry to hear of your friends leg, that will surely hurt a lot. Re the fuel fitting, is the end broken or the hose part?? You may be able to effect a safe repair. email me a pic if you wish.
Broke the plastic nipple off the connector and left the broken bit in the hose...its crimped on there...I had thought about drilling both bits out and inserting a plastic tube and somehow glueing it back together. I believe the fuel pump works on around 50psi so didnt want to have it blow to bits when im getting down the road...KABOOM!

20220816_205623.jpg

20220806_151041.jpg

Sorry to hear of your friends leg, that will surely hurt a lot. Re the fuel fitting, is the end broken or the hose part?? You may be able to effect a safe repair. email me a pic if you wish.
Thanx re the leg too!...He told me he had a dream the other night where he was cornered by 3 chinese kungfu guys and he was kicking the door to get out!!...woke up kicking his good leg with the busted one!!!....Wasn't too happy about that as the pain was intense!....cos im his good buddy, i laughed my tits off!!
I should add, they didnt put a cast on it...just a boot thing with velcro straps going over ...they did belt an 11mm titanium rod down thru the centre of his marrow with a hammer!!....all the breaks are below the knee!...and of course he takes the boot off at night so he can sleep!...The doc had to give him some liquid morphine to take to kill the pain!
20220808_150105.jpg

Last edited:
My old man had a similar break. Titanium rod inserted through the knee inside the shin bone so the screws had something to bite into ... about 10 screws 2 operations and 10 years later he's all good. - except for the 5° turn out of his foot. On a positive note he's much quicker at walking in circles than he used to be 😁

I had a pump up moon boot some years ago when I had a break. The healing was quicker apparently due to the circulation going deeper inside the leg. Mig welding with it on didn't improve the boot. Pity the fitting is snapped there, sometimes there is part of the barn left and one can cut the fittings off and use flexible EFI hose to make a new one.

So i got myself one of these DNA air filters and set to installing it the other weekend. My cobber came around to help. We had the bike up on a lift which was awesome as the filter height was perfect when i was sitting on a small stool.
I had undone the bolt at the rear of the tank and also at the front of the tank and attached a tiedown to the front and the other end up on a rafter above us. We wanted to lift the tank a bit more as we were finding it difficult to get the filter housing out and so we lifted the tank a tad more and 'POP'!...WTF was that?...turns out the extra lift put too much tension on the fuel line coupling and it broke the plastic elbow.
If i knew before what i know now we would have disconnected the coupling...i couldn't see it hidden behind bits of bike!!....BLOODY HELL!....oh well, a cable tie around the hose and continue on...we will get another plastic coupling and smack it on later....no worries!
Finished the job and rang the dealer to order a new fitting...'None in the country sorry, will have to order one.'..it comes with the hose and banjo fitting as a complete unit and costs a zillion dollars!...6 to 8 weeks waiting as the orders from Triumph UK only come in once a month.....Bugger!
My cobber went home...I went inside ...washed up...had tea and saw i had missed a call from my cobber...rang him and he was laying on the floor with an ambulance team hovering over him!...he had slipped and fallen and broke his leg in 4 places!!..it was twisted as he fell so a spiral affect!..He lives alone and was trying to get hold of me to help him...my phone was out by the bike in the garage still...y
NOT A GOOD DAY!
So no bike for a few weeks and im now his home help lol...
He's lucky to have a good friend like you!

Back