Rode My New 2023 Rocket Home Today

Mileage sounds right after the test ride. It will make all kind of break in noise and heat but gets better after that. Just be sure to ride it hard enough for any problems to show up after the rpm increase. Those miles the dealers put on are pretty mild.
Yup I pushed it right up to the 4000rpm limit a few times gently on the way home and will do the same with the other increments, helps to make sure those piston rings wear in properly up to the furthest stretch of the piston.

When I moved the right peg to the lower position I wasn't thinking and let the brake reservoir/pedal assembly assembly hang down resting on my pad on the floor while moving the plastic fill ins:oops:. Hopefully I didn't get any air in there.
Bleeding brakes sucks.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. Nothing else on the planet like it (both 2.3 and 2.5s).
Don't baby it too much. I got mine with 250 miles on it and it uses a little oil. I think the original owner was scared of it. Two schools of thought on the break in preceedure.
You're going to love this bike. Just be sure to ride it more than you spend time polishing it. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club. Nothing else on the planet like it (both 2.3 and 2.5s).
Don't baby it too much. I got mine with 250 miles on it and it uses a little oil. I think the original owner was scared of it. Two schools of thought on the break in preceedure.
You're going to love this bike. Just be sure to ride it more than you spend time polishing it. :thumbsup:
Haha no worries I'm not into cleaning vehicles in general. I ride unless I need my car for a reason or due to weather and always trying to keep a bike clean is just a waste of time and effort. ;)

Haha no worries I'm not into cleaning vehicles in general. I ride unless I need my car for a reason or due to weather and trying to keep a bike clean all the time is just a waste of time and effort. ;)
Sounds like me- I hate to take the Outback unless I have to. If it's an option I almost always choose to ride. I try to keep mine clean, but I bought the darn thing to ride it, not display it in my garage.

Back