Rocketman no more

The Rocket will never leave my mind.

I really want my wife to ride with me. She would on the Goldwing. It is (was) so hard to hold up her and my weight, on a gravel road, half mile to blacktop.

Her Parkinsons, my messed up knees, and no reverse on Rocket, made the Can Am attractive.

I picked up a check to pay for the new one. Twisting the throttle on the R3 delivered even more of that monster torque, more than ever.

There are faster bikes. Cannot imagine a more visceral ride, even bone stock, like mine.

Prices are crashing on the Rocket. Triumph, itself does not “get it”.

The only real motorcycle I ever rode.

So, if you “Captains” even give me a nod on the road (now), I will call it good. Her creators really do not get it. Folks here...do.
E606CB83-A11B-42FD-90A9-E160A6326E0A.jpeg

And your reason why? Not a lot of options out there that look really nice.

I live about 20 miles from them. Have heard bad things all around. One member of this forum had a post about their cr@p falling apart and ruining his drivetrain/engine & they took responsibility for their broken project then told him to get eff’d on the drivetrain $$$$$$$$$ :mad:

Why, Clint?

One of the members here had a real bad experience with one falling apart & also causing damage to driveline and engine. They told him he was SOL on the engine. They are about 20 miles from where I live & ive heard other bad stories about them & how they don’t take care of their customers

As some of you like 1olbull and Claviger know, I too struggle with my Touring in the crushed rock approach to my shop. I couldn't' imagine having to negotiate a half mile of it. another consideration is to hack it. I have one sidecar rig and they are more fun than the law should allow. I investigated puttimg a sidecar on a Rocket and learned from both DMC Sidecars (who hacked my VStrom) and another high end Pennsylvania dealership that the Rocket is very easy to hack.

It is what I will do if getting new knees over the winter doesn't help with maneuvering my Rocket in restricted areas like the front of my shop.

Edit: Some great pics at the below link

Triumph Rocket 3 Sidecar rigs - Google Search:

Last edited:
Back