Rocket new Matt Silver Ice colour

gadget_ho

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3R
And that's a no from me. Probably looks better in the flesh, but looks like undercoat on the Triumph website... And it looks like Korosi Red is no more!:oops:

Rocket Gray.png

And that's a no from me. Probably looks better in the flesh, but looks like undercoat on the Triumph website... And it looks like Korosi Red is no more!:oops:

Rocket Gray.png

Marketing meeting at Triumph
Guy #1: We need to save a few bucks on these bikes so we can still make a profit

Guy #2: Do we really need to paint all of then Red or Black?

Guy#3: Why don't we slap some grey primer on it and call it Matte Ice Silver, it sounds good.

Further up the chain: Do it, just make it sound special!

;)

bob

Triumph probably has some Gen X or Gen Z metro sexual brown nose on payroll that thinks he knows what all of the cool kids want. He suckered them into believing that Triumph's colors are sooooo yesterday (he would be right) and now we have grey primer that he calls Butt plug mystique. The red isn't too bad but it's a lazy , predictable choice. The 80% black with 20% red would have suited me just fine but once again, lazy. Bob R is right. "How do we get rid of the colors we have but make it look like a new cutting edge color for the Rocket?" Sorry, in a pissy mood today!:mad:

Spot on MM. Pissy mood or not. Paint and color and shiny go with motorcycles. We should have at least 6 to 12 color choices.

One good thing I can say about HD is you do get good paint and have several color options. All motorcycle makers should offer several color options per model. I know they would sell a lot more bikes if there was more color choices other than shiny black or dull black on many models.

This doesn't surprise me. The whole motorcycle industry from motorcycle manufacturers to glove makers, it's either black, grey or red, or combinations of each. Besides a few exceptions, they also feel the need to charge you an arm and a leg and then make you advertise their products on the rest of your body.
Not everyone feels the need to look like a wanna be motorbike badass. Maybe I'm just becoming a grumpy old bloke? A mate of mine has a very expensive Audi in that primer grey. Every time I see him I ask him if he's saved enough for them to finish the paint job on his car. We don't hang out that much anymore!

Back