Roadster Headlight Recall

Well there certainly is an issue with the Ignition switch for sure, I just don't understand why a cable that is well within specification doesn't seem to work as it should. Have to put it down to one of life's mysteries I suppose. ;-)

I bypassed my ignition switch with a single relay in a similar way to the Triumph made Roadster fix and didn't find any improvement in light output, there have been others on here that have fitted the EB kit and found the same; I put this down to catching the problem before it happened so to speak. In my case the bike had less that 5k on it which likely meant the switch was still good.

There is a point where both high and low beams are on when the high beam switch is used. If, for some reason it stays at this point the load will be doubled. I think this is the time when the ignition switch blows.

As much as it doesn't necessarily make sense, I know the EB made a huge difference on mine. That said, it's been established that my wires were in pretty sad shape.
Maybe the wire Triumph uses comes form a flea market :)

Back