Rivco riser and T-bar

just sold it to someone from our group to buy the wooden Corbin...
Once the leather will be used I will give it to sellerie concept again.

Hi Redhorse!
I am sorry but my english is very classic :oops: and I don't understand "sort of a bloke"" :? and then do you ask about the riding position or where I have find the rear sets? :roll:
:wink:

Australian to English translation service :

Hey, Philippe,

You appear to be a fairly tall gentleman, how do you like the riding position with your footrests positioned to the rear?

:D

Hi Owl ! thank you for this translation! I was not sure ! :)
Thanks to Redhorse for his kind words.

I will try to explain it but this is only my point of view and thanks god each one has is own.
Redhorse,
In France too we have different way to consider driving. But generally, about the cars, people like manuel gear box. In states or Australia, I know, it's generally automatic.
With bikes things are different too.
You guys love to have your feet forward and legs almost outstretched. (May be it is because your are generally taller ???).
Personnally I hate this position and it is not because I am a bit short (there are extension approaching highway pegs).
Like most of the French we prefer a roadster position instead of chopper.
Then our roads are smaller and have a lot of curves. This "sport' position with rear sets is more adapted for it.
That is why I have 12.5 Ohlins rear shocks, Wilbers springs for the fork and these rear sets. The bike is higher and the sets too. I don't scratch the road at each curve (ground clearance) . It's also more confortable and specially for my wife (she rides a Dyna street bob), than the stock shocks too short and not good at all.
Also everytime the asphalt isn't good with your legs outstreched you receive the shock directly to your back, I can stand a bit on the sets and avoid it.
Some people like the R3 very "custom chopper" like a Harley, I love my R3 as a roadster a bit sportive.
I agree that because of these rear sets a tall guy would have his knees too high and will not feel confortable.
Lot of friends I know drive their R3 on strait road like hell but when I follow them and the curve approach, I can see the musles of their ass very contracted and the red stop light lighting like hell. They want power but don't know to drive fast out of a straight road ...
Personally I don't touch the knee on the asphalt but I like to bend.
After 23years of Japenese bikes I tried and got 3 harley: Dyna sport, street road and street glide. And except the street road,(but was not a "real" HD), I was exhausted (no power, no brakes, ground clearance too low, touching the ground everytime, tacking about when speeding in curves, frames with conception of another age, requerring to add thousands of euro more in order to be almost ok).
I sold the last one for the rocket. I hate on the rocket everything that remind me a HD, including the feet forward. That's why I don't like this rocket touring, copy of Road king: same saddlebags, same windshield, same floorboards, same position, same speedometyer on the middle of the tank (very well to put a bag on...).
I have modified the position of driving for my size and now Redhorse, I am so happy with it.
Did I answered to your question? :)

Back