Removal of secondaries bar

Lucifer Orange

Rocket Man
Ride
2004 Triumph Rocket 3 Tribal
Hi all,
I have removed the secondary throttle butterflies and fitted a ram air filter on my '04 Rocket. Is it safe to remove the bar to which the butterflies are attached thus leaving no obstructions to the air flow into the throttle?
I have refitted the screws to stop the annoying whistle but want to have max smooth air flow.
Cheers
John

Hi all,
I have removed the secondary throttle butterflies and fitted a ram air filter on my '04 Rocket. Is it safe to remove the bar to which the butterflies are attached thus leaving no obstructions to the air flow into the throttle?
I have refitted the screws to stop the annoying whistle but want to have max smooth air flow.
Cheers
John
If you studied on a molecular level you would probably find the small bar would disturb the air and be beneficial to the induction...reason that anyone who gas flows a head (and ive done a few) always refrain from mirror finishing the induction tract so the rough cast creates disturbances. Personally i cant see any benefits from removing the bar but others might know different ;)

Yes I have done this, but as yet haven't put this (my original set) back on the bike.
My concern is what do I need to do to prevent a code being thrown as the Secondary TPS and Stepper motor are now not in the system.

20180308_154537.jpg

20180308_154415.jpg

The bar is worth a little. Probably not do evident on stock bike. Added a little over one hp on a 230hp bike. Did it ten years ago.

I agree Neville, I'm sure it's not worth any extra power.

But when I removed the secondary butterflies, after having them jack open to 100% "I" felt that the bike responded quicker and sharper.
When I had the problems a month or so back and we put Sleeves Throttle Bodies on with the secondary butterfly's still in place, (and jacked open) I did notice that the response was slacker.
So taking the shaft out was just a matter of "That doesn't need to be there, so it's coming out"
"Psychologically" it feels better too :D

Paul , you could hook them up and put them out of the way under the tank somewhere. That's where my stepper motor lives.

Yes I was thinking that, but did want to remove them completely.
Paul I have a question, not quite on topic but I've just fitted k and n's and removed secondary butterflies and now have a distinct rattling sound under acceleration, do you think it will be the shaft rattling without plates attached or is there something else I need to look for? Any advice appreciated, cheers.

Back