Recall for 2020 Rocket 3 Rear Brake

MrPix

Supercharged
Ride
Jessica: Rocket 3 R 2500
Hi fellow Rocket3ers,

I pinched this off facebook so for those who do not use facebook or do use it but are not members of the group I am.... here it is. (ulike most cr@p on FB this is actually genuine and useful)

Please check your safety recall notice with your VIN. Triumph have issued a formal recall notice that was rumoured yesterday.

https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.uk/owners/recalls

Mine advises:

YOU HAVE 1 OUTSTANDING RECALL​

Status
https://www.triumphmotorcycles.co.u...C5MD3Nu_L1YN2R6vqB0RQ50GtKpdKMpSykzQl8N2vWIwoOutstanding Recall
Recall Date
Dec 02, 2020
NHTSA Number
20V740
We require your co-operation to ensure your motorcycle is modified without delay, to ensure your maximum safety. Please contact your local or preferred dealer and book your motorcycle in for the recall work to be actioned immediately.
Summary: Some Rocket III models with anti lock brakes (ABS) were manufactured using a rear brake system fluid fill process that may not meet quality standards. A small amount of air may therefore remain in the ABS modulator.
Consequence: The presence of air in the ABS modulator may over time result in rear braking deterioration on some ABS units. Degradation of the rear brake efficiency, if unnoticed, can increase the risk of a crash.
Remedy: Triumph Motorcycles Ltd has authorized your dealer to carry out a rear brake fluid bleed procedure, free of charge to you including parts and labor.

Firstly THANKS for this!!!

Secondly... I Effing knew the rear brake was soft!!!!! Effing knew it!!!

Mine is all tucked away for winter so it'll be spring before the next service but it's just another item on the list!!!

Hopefully they will have updates to the ECU and other fixes by the time April gets here!!!

Thanks to my southern riders (Aussies, Kiwis, Americans, others) for finding all the problems while my bike sits nicely in its hibernation state!

No problem, I know speaking with a few ppl, that there are some on here only and some on FB only and some elsewhere, so just spreading the news.

HAHAHAHA IM SORRY, the remedy is just a bleed??? I have bleed my rear brake 5 times, all of which i got the abs to kick on before hand. This isnt going to solve jack didly squat. Dont even waiste your time with these clowns. Now im actually pissed. How can this actually be recall, if no parts are being replaced. Cmon Triumph.

HAHAHAHA IM SORRY, the remedy is just a bleed??? I have bleed my rear brake 5 times, all of which i got the abs to kick on before hand. This isnt going to solve jack didly squat. Dont even waiste your time with these clowns. Now im actually pissed. How can this actually be recall, if no parts are being replaced. Cmon Triumph.
There was a follow-up post in the FB group from someone that had communicated with Triumph. Triumph stated that the bleeding was a seven-step process that required manipulating the ABS actuators via the computer. The impression was that simply bleeding the brakes wasn't sufficient-it needed service computer intervention. It's all Greek to me, so I don't know if that makes any sense.

well i guess since my bike falls under this recall, it would be a good time to get and install the wiring, brake, and clutch extensions since the system will have to be bled anyway, then i can finally put the risers on and put the handle bars where i want them

Many thanks, you've made my day ! ;)

1607181880249.png

(at first maintenance of my R3R, the dealer mechanic preferred to bleed the brake circuit when I told him about the info from here and that I had a slight impression that the rear brake pedal was not so firm as it should be).

Attachments

• 1607181834053.png
    1607181834053.png
    15.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Received my recall email today, I assume it would have been sent to all Australian 2020 Rocket owners.

Back