Rear Wheel Romoval

Tire replacement is best done by the dealer with the proper dismounting/mounting machine AND a high speed balancing machine.

Way to go. I agree. And I strongly advocate, from experience, as long as the so-called servicing dealer has the right equipment. Jamie

In my opinion, I believe Tomo (Toystoretom) will do the job as well as any other skilled mechanic out there, mainly due to the fact that he is just that, a skilled mechanic.

I did not mention those facts in this thread but "he" is the person in KC and will be doing the work for me. Trust is everything when it comes to getting your major pride & joy back on the road. And trust is not lacking in the least here.

Thanks guys, see ya on the road.

Rusty, Tom,

Is it possible to use the Sears lift with the (Rivco?) centerstand fitted?

Curious Tony

Flip will answer that. It would be so long as you block the front rail of the sears lift so it lifts the bike evenly. I have one. It's for sale. I should probably put it in the classified section. I have no need for it anymore.

I went over the top kind of. I have an IR 5 ton air driven roller chain hoist on an I beam and trolley that runs the width of my shop and I use 2 webbed nylon machinery slings to lift the bike so the sears lift is collecting dust. It was a Christmas present before the roller chain hoist.

Rusty,

I know you probably have, but just a reminder. Check your rear brake pads while the Beast has the rear pulled. A great time to change them out if they are close to needing replacement.

In my opinion, I believe Tomo (Toystoretom) will do the job as well as any other skilled mechanic out there, mainly due to the fact that he is just that, a skilled mechanic.

I did not mention those facts in this thread but "he" is the person in KC and will be doing the work for me. Trust is everything when it comes to getting your major pride & joy back on the road. And trust is not lacking in the least here.

Thanks guys, see ya on the road.

I'd say you are in very qualified hands, especially if you buy the after meal for Tomo. After all, Tomo is an certified Datsun technician, I think.:D

Back