Rear Tire - Rapid loss of air pressure (no blowout)

Ted Biggie

.020 Over
Ride
'14 Rocket III Roadster
Bridgestone Exedra Max.

Thought I'd pass along my recent experience. Riding home in a Texas-sized downpour in heavy traffic, ran over what I think was some sort of glass/ceramic. Lost all the air in the rear tire nearly instantly. Other than the steering getting really heavy and the bike not wanting to "steer" to the shoulder, it was pretty uneventful. Really happy with how the bike handled it.

Now, standing on the shoulder for 15 mins in the rain sucked. No one stopped to assist either. Friendly Texas ;)

Ted

I'll add glass/ceramic to the list of things not to fun over.

If you were out in the boonies of Texas, I bet one of us would have pulled over for ya. City folk don't have that sense of community the way I would like most of the time. The two cars directly behind me when I hit a deer on my last bike didn't stop to help either. Two pick-ups did stop after that though...

Bridgestone Exedra Max.

Thought I'd pass along my recent experience. Riding home in a Texas-sized downpour in heavy traffic, ran over what I think was some sort of glass/ceramic. Lost all the air in the rear tire nearly instantly. Other than the steering getting really heavy and the bike not wanting to "steer" to the shoulder, it was pretty uneventful. Really happy with how the bike handled it.

Now, standing on the shoulder for 15 mins in the rain sucked. No one stopped to assist either. Friendly Texas ;)

Ted
Yep you just experienced the one and only thing the meztler has over the other tire for the beast. Put a avon on her she will drop so fast you'll here the rim on the road. Like riding a 2x12. Of course im a a wee bit on the scrawny side but a plump 158 (for the summer thats fat) I road my metzler for 15 me no air and with a hole in it that took three plugs at the gas station to stop the leak. Just so i could limp her home. But them **** stiff side wall if the metz worled well could do 50 listen to the roar if the tread but made ut to a gas station . Plugged and roaf her 200 miles the next day to a dealer for a new tire. What a man won't do to not miss a RAT raid :)

Back