Rear Shock Mount

You may want to just re-tap it with a larger thread size. The mount is welded to the housing.

Check with Val Macourt aka Valmacmiami he bought a rear with a bad one in it and it was threaded into the final drive case.

Check with Val Macourt aka Valmacmiami he bought a rear with a bad one in it and it was threaded into the final drive case.

Am hoping this is the case. tried to tap as suggested but used a cheap tap and it snapped and is very reluctant to come out and have tried! If its threaded in which when i look at it is a possibility then hopefully easier job, will give triumph a call tomorrow about ordering a new mount post. Will pm Val for any info. Thanks.

Mal.

Your best bet is to drill it oversize and fit a helicoil it is indeed tapped I will be at work tomorrow and will have access to all sizes may even be able to make you a new pin if needed which will fit the helicoil size will be expensive as I only drink boddingtons one should cover

Your best bet is to drill it oversize and fit a helicoil it is indeed tapped I will be at work tomorrow and will have access to all sizes may even be able to make you a new pin if needed which will fit the helicoil size will be expensive as I only drink boddingtons one should cover

And wht was that Apple pie I seen you bite into at Maggie Valley :)

Thanks Val. have been on nights so its all blurred! do you mean tapped into the shaft housing? The tap i have snapped off was trying to sort the outer bolt i havn't tried to remove the pin from the housing as of yet.

Mal

Back