REAR OUTPUT SHAFT BEARING GOING?

Must be something about this topic that has everyone staying away. :lol: :shock:

Can't say I blame you fellas . .. not exactly the best subject matter. :?

I did talk with Triumph Customer Service in GA and they said to tell the dealer to go ahead and submit a Warranty Repair request. Told me if they kicked it back because it was out of warranty only two months or that it wasn't regarded as a warranty repair . . . whatever that means! to call him back.

Sounds like they're gonna get' er done . . . I hope so.

Don't see where having an internal issue wouldn't be covered by warranty unless they can prove abuse . . . I don't do burn outs or drag races with my bike so it shouldn't have failed. Most of the wheelies it's done wheren't planned . . . it kinda does that on its own from time to time, but not often, just when I get a little throttle happy on take off. But that would be fork seal issue in my opinion.

Thoughts anyone? :roll:

Talked with the dealer today . . . they are about to take it down to find out exactly what's up. WHOHOO . . . the start of hopefully won't be a drawn out process. I miss it already. :evil:

gldean said:
Must be something about this topic that has everyone staying away. :lol: :shock:

Can't say I blame you fellas . .. not exactly the best subject matter. :?

I did talk with Triumph Customer Service in GA and they said to tell the dealer to go ahead and submit a Warranty Repair request. Told me if they kicked it back because it was out of warranty only two months or that it wasn't regarded as a warranty repair . . . whatever that means! to call him back.

Sounds like they're gonna get' er done . . . I hope so.

Don't see where having an internal issue wouldn't be covered by warranty unless they can prove abuse . . . I don't do burn outs or drag races with my bike so it shouldn't have failed. Most of the wheelies it's done wheren't planned . . . it kinda does that on its own from time to time, but not often, just when I get a little throttle happy on take off. But that would be fork seal issue in my opinion.

Thoughts anyone? :roll:
One of the (many) things I don't understand is why Triumph doesn't just offer a 4 or 5 year unlimited mile warranty on the left over Rockets ala Victory. From the sounds of things they're paying for the repair anyway, why not use the money to get folks like myself off the fence and buying the left over bikes?
The R3T competes with the Royal Star line that has a 5 year warranty, as do the new Vic' baggers. The Kawi Voyager has a 3 yr. warranty. Why not get some bang for the buck?

RocketEd said:
One of the (many) things I don't understand is why Triumph doesn't just offer a 4 or 5 year unlimited mile warranty on the left over Rockets ala Victory. From the sounds of things they're paying for the repair anyway, why not use the money to get folks like myself off the fence and buying the left over bikes?
The R3T competes with the Royal Star line that has a 5 year warranty, as do the new Vic' baggers. The Kawi Voyager has a 3 yr. warranty. Why not get some bang for the buck?

If more of these bikes keep failing and they don't issue a recall or extend their warranty, these models will fall out of favor with the buyers because no one wants a bike with proven and consistent failures.

I love my R3, but won't be rebuilding the drive line every 10K miles. Hopefully Triumph will fix it and it will be the end of it. If it were to fail again, I would move on.

Week one come and gone . . . no work done yet.

Guess in the heat of the riding season warranty repairs take back burner to service and tires.

Buy a new bike and it'll be on the floor in hours.

At first I thought I had a finial drive failure. Took the Rock to the closest Triumph dealer still in business ( Steel Dreams ) to see what the Rock Doc had to say. After one week and a phone call the finial drive and shaft were in good working order. Week two , Frame is off the engine awaiting the transmission access plate to be removed to have a look see inside. :shock: I can hardly wait for week three ! :eek:

who did you contact at Triumph? I will be needing to contact someone due to transmission failure again after 10 months and 9000 miles

jefff1 said:
:D Hey Gary...sounds like you could use one of my bikes for a loaner... Need a KLR for awhile to play with?

Would love it, but I have a couple here . .. there's a V-Star 650, VTX1300 and VS800 Intruder.

But they just aren't the R3. :cry:

bigfoot1957 said:
who did you contact at Triumph? I will be needing to contact someone due to transmission failure again after 10 months and 9000 miles

Called the GA number. "Customer Service" . . .number is on their US website contact information.

Maybe they'll step up for yours as well. How many total miles do you have on your R3 and how many before you had it repaired the first time?

Hope they can fix it and that'll be the end of that problem on mine cause I would love to keep it for a very long time. :D :twisted:

Back