Rear luggage worth the money ?

Gutterman

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 r
Hi guys I live in the uk and want to tour next year on my new r3 is the pannier system worth the considerable expense or are there any alternatives ? Tia.

Hi guys I live in the uk and want to tour next year on my new r3 is the pannier system worth the considerable expense or are there any alternatives ? Tia.
The locking brackets are currently held onto the panniers with 4 little screws into plastic. If your riding is going to be smooth all the way, and not force the panniers in the opposite direction on the two other mounts (where they just sit)... and if you don’t need to carry more than 5kg... then I think they should be okay.

At the moment, the alternative is Corbin panniers (which IMHO look fairly good).

As I heard in our German forum you can attach the Bags from Legend Gear LC1 and LC2 to the Triumph Brackets by changing the Nuts on them
A7B772B8-6430-4F74-9E09-BAB8CBAFDE0E.jpeg

Does anybody have a picture of an R3 with the lugging hardware attached, but no luggage mounted? I'd like to see how it looks if you don't want to ride with the bags on all the time.

Does anybody have a picture of an R3 with the lugging hardware attached, but no luggage mounted? I'd like to see how it looks if you don't want to ride with the bags on all the time.
The hardware folds away like the rear footrests

The locking brackets are currently held onto the panniers with 4 little screws into plastic. If your riding is going to be smooth all the way, and not force the panniers in the opposite direction on the two other mounts (where they just sit)... and if you don’t need to carry more than 5kg... then I think they should be okay.

At the moment, the alternative is Corbin panniers (which IMHO look fairly good).
What is the weak point that restricts the payload to 5kg? Is it the plastic mounts on the panniers or the brackets themselves and the way they cantilever out from their mounting locations under the bike? No point fitting an alternative brand bag if the brackets themselves are the weak point.

Back