Rear Footpegs

coyote569

.020 Over
I'm looking for an alternative to the rear footpegs on my R3C. After I put the Leatherlykes on, my wife is a little cramped. I like the looks of the Kuryakyn footpegs and passenger boards, but they don't make a splined adaptor for the Rocket. The Rivco passenger boards are nice looking, but way expensive. Does anyone have any ideas to move the rear pegs forward without spending a ton of money? Will one of the splined adaptors from another make of bike work on the R3C? Thanx in advance, everybody; this forum has been great!

I hadn't thought of it before, but with the Rivco relocation arms is it not possible to relocate the stock pegs forward? :confused: I'll give it a gander this afternoon and report back. To tell the truth I don't fancy the appearance of passenger floorboards much; particularly in the upward stored position. The relocated pegs would be far less obtrusive.

I hadn't thought of it before, but with the Rivco relocation arms is it not possible to relocate the stock pegs forward? :confused: I'll give it a gander this afternoon and report back. To tell the truth I don't fancy the appearance of passenger floorboards much; particularly in the upward stored position. The relocated pegs would be far less obtrusive.

Good idea. That would save $250. Let us know. Thanks.

Sorry, got caught up in curling yesterday afternoon. 12oz curling:bch:
Will back away from the bar-b-q this P.M. and gander at the pegs, fer sure.

R:

My question is whether you can curl a 12 ouncer and tie a balloon at the same time?

and, I presume that the stock pegs won't fit the relocation arms but you could most certainly machine the stock peg end to fit the arm. I did the footpegs for my bud's Victory which takes a splined peg mount.

I have the rivco rear boards with the relocation bars. they work fine and look good but the left side wants to creep up as you tighten the relocation arm, but then swings down to a point that is not square with the world when your weight is on it. there seems to be to much play in the alignment pins. the right side probabably doesn't get that much weight applied to it. It bothered me when I installed them but I don't notice it now. They are pricey but how can you put a price on keeping the wifey happy.:D Everything is relative, passenger floorboards for my BMW were $500.00. I thought the rivco were a steal.

With one eye closed - Flip.

Yes it could be done. It won't be a simple 10 minute job. A couple mods are needed.

The foot peg anchor bolt is metric, the diameter is perhaps a smidgen larger (gnats ass larger), and the anchor bolt is far too long. The eventual length will be crucial.

The bolt length extending inward through the extender arm would allow no more than the thickness of the lock nut. There is also the length of the bare shaft section of the anchor bolt. A few (2-3) additional threads will need to be cut onto the bare shaft section of the anchor bolt. The SAE threads existing in the extender arm will need to be drilled out.

Then again, the anchor bolt perhaps can be pressed out and replaced with an appropriate bolt. Keeping in mind that the bolt head thickness is crucial.

With one eye closed - Flip.

Yes it could be done. It won't be a simple 10 minute job. A couple mods are needed.

The foot peg anchor bolt is metric, the diameter is perhaps a smidgen larger (gnats ass larger), and the anchor bolt is far too long. The eventual length will be crucial.

The bolt length extending inward through the extender arm would allow no more than the thickness of the lock nut. There is also the length of the bare shaft section of the anchor bolt. A few (2-3) additional threads will need to be cut onto the bare shaft section of the anchor bolt. The SAE threads existing in the extender arm will need to be drilled out.

Then again, the anchor bolt perhaps can be pressed out and replaced with an appropriate bolt. Keeping in mind that the bolt head thickness is crucial.

IOW, the pegs stay where they are.

Back