Rear Brake Went

Louballs

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket III
Tonight while riding my rear brake went. Was able to completely push it down without much stopping power at all. This bike had the recall done before I bought it. Something is seriously wrong if Triumph let's this continue as bleeding obviously is just a temporary fix for many people. Someone will get hurt or die.

About 4k. First time for me, but i know they did the recall on it before i bought it at 1200 miles.
Im gonna go out on a limb and say these bikes quality control is absolute dog sh*t

within 500 miles. front brake goes out and down to the handle bar.
1000 miles rear brake becomes soft.
200 more miles same thing,
over last winter the rear brake goes completely to the floor after sitting.
How can a software abs bleed fix this when some how there was enough air in the system from factory to over time cause the pedal to go to the floor. Makes Zero sense. if theres air in the system then clearly there is a leak. no abs software bleed will fix this. its just a bandaid..
3800 miles my rear shaft starts making a mad noise. dealer says noise is just rocks, hitting the fender..
I remove all the covers to prove there's a problem, then 4 weeks later dealer replaces.

Im not happy with this bike at all. For 22k I would expect everything to work as is and not have so many issues under 10k even 20k miles.

Would love someone to chime in if they have ever lemon lawed a bike before...

I dont care what anyone says, but in my opinion, not biased either as I own two other triumphs, after this piece of sh*t bike Ill probably never buy a Triumph again.

Im gonna go out on a limb and say these bikes quality control is absolute dog sh*t

within 500 miles. front brake goes out and down to the handle bar.
1000 miles rear brake becomes soft.
200 more miles same thing,
over last winter the rear brake goes completely to the floor after sitting.
How can a software abs bleed fix this when some how there was enough air in the system from factory to over time cause the pedal to go to the floor. Makes Zero sense. if theres air in the system then clearly there is a leak. no abs software bleed will fix this. its just a bandaid..
3800 miles my rear shaft starts making a mad noise. dealer says noise is just rocks, hitting the fender..
I remove all the covers to prove there's a problem, then 4 weeks later dealer replaces.

Im not happy with this bike at all. For 22k I would expect everything to work as is and not have so many issues under 10k even 20k miles.

Would love someone to chime in if they have ever lemon lawed a bike before...

I dont care what anyone says, but in my opinion, not biased either as I own two other triumphs, after this piece of sh*t bike Ill probably never buy a Triumph again.
What does your rear end sound like? Mine seems to make more noise than I’d expect, but figured it was just a shaft drive thing that I didn’t notice when I first got it

What does your rear end sound like? Mine seems to make more noise than I’d expect, but figured it was just a shaft drive thing that I didn’t notice when I first got it

take a look at my post. theres some videos with the noise, its the worst when theres no load going 30-35mph in 4th.

dealer replaced the shaft. noise is some what better but its not as smooth as the bike was when new. feels like a bearing is going out that the drive shaft rides on.. who knows.

Edit: I never noticed this before though once i passed about 3k miles is when the vibrations and noise started to show them selves.

I agree that quality control on these bikes is horrendous and virtually non-existent.
There needs to be a collective petition for fixes. It's too expensive for these issues. Perhaps threaten a class action lawsuits.

The problem is: you have to deal with two parties:

- the manufacturer
- the dealer

I had the problem with the rear brake, too. But even though I am a mechanical engineer, I am no professional regarding ABS systems. So I depend on the shop. And since they have done their job, everything is perfect.

I took the beast out yesterday and the ride was just a dream.

Where I want to end?

The points I see here are - from my point of view - mostly based on the ignorance of the dealer. Will it make sense to sue TRIUMPH? I don't think so. Kick your dealers ass!

Back