Ready to ride a ROCKET

Welcome.

I have a 2013 Touring and a friend of mine has a 2008 Touring. I have remapped his and other than mine having TORS and RamAir and being much better looking there really isn't huge a difference I can tell. Mine is faster but I have done more mods to mine, his is still box stock other than mods to make it fit him better, he is 6'7" tall.

upload_2017-6-13_6-29-23.png

BTW, see how that HD is waaaayyyyy over there, afraid to come any closer to these awesome machines, that happens a lot. :)

Welcome.

I have a 2013 Touring and a friend of mine has a 2008 Touring. I have remapped his and other than mine having TORS and RamAir and being much better looking there really isn't huge a difference I can tell. Mine is faster but I have done more mods to mine, his is still box stock other than mods to make it fit him better, he is 6'7" tall.

upload_2017-6-13_6-29-23.png

BTW, see how that HD is waaaayyyyy over there, afraid to come any closer to these awesome machines, that happens a lot. :)
Wow, those are beautiful. I especially like that black/white combo. Can't wait to ride one. I fly to Phoenix and rent so usually it is either a Harley or a gold wing. I am way too cramped on the wing and if I can't get a road glide, I have to rent a road king and although I love the motor, I feel like I am on a mini-bike. Last time I was lucky enough to rent a victory Vision, very comfortable machine but I would have liked even more power. Seriously thought about a victory Vision for a while but always gravitate away from a pure touring bike. I believe the rocket III tourer just might be the thing for me. My roadstar has been great, 50k miles and 50mpg, better than a Harley but it is time for something new.

Last edited:
G'Day from Aus mate

Thanks. I grew up loving ALL THINGS Britt, the Beatles, Emma Peel (Diana Rigg) and Triumph motorcycles. I learned on my Uncle's 69 Bonnie when I was 14 but had eight good years before that riding in the dirt. Back in those days biker guys chopped and bobbed Triumph motors. AMF Harleys were junk, total slugs. I wanted a Bonnie so bad when I first goy out of college but had to settle for a Yamaha 650 twin. Then a Honda cb1000, then a Suzuki gs1150e (what a machine that one was). I guess it is finally time for a Britt bike. Just have to ride one and check it out.

Suzuki gs1150e (what a machine that one was)

Wasn't it though. At one time I had the 1150E and a Honda Hurricane 1000 (replaced the Suzuki) at the same time and I was wearing a grin that would never go away. The Suzuki is a memory, the Hurricane is in the shed. :)

bob

Wasn't it though. At one time I had the 1150E and a Honda Hurricane 1000 (replaced the Suzuki) at the same time and I was wearing a grin that would never go away. The Suzuki is a memory, the Hurricane is in the shed. :)

bob
I rode the fire out of my GS1150. Best handling power bike on the streets in its day. I remember several trips on the BRP and up to Mt Mitchell on it. That bike could do anything. Needless to say, I do not ride like that now, lol. A tourist in Myrtle Beach pulled out in front of me back in 1990 totaling the bike (and almost me) hit him going 40mph. Like being shot out of a cannon. I thank God every day I survived that one.

i have enjoyed my roadstar since 1999 and it has been a great bike. I have always been intrigued by the rocket III and want to test ride one. Is there much of a difference between a 2008 tour model and a 2014 tour model? With computerized efi, can a remap be done to maximize torque at a lower rpm level like the 2014 model?
I've got an 08 for sale if you're interested. For Sale - Selling 2008 R3T

Back