Ready to ride a ROCKET

DodahMan

Turbocharged
Ride
Yamaha Roadstar, 2011 Triumph Rocket III Tour
i have enjoyed my roadstar since 1999 and it has been a great bike. I have always been intrigued by the rocket III and want to test ride one. Is there much of a difference between a 2008 tour model and a 2014 tour model? With computerized efi, can a remap be done to maximize torque at a lower rpm level like the 2014 model?

Welcome, go get one you'll love it!!
2008 thru 2017 touring for the most part have not changed. Their have been a few 2008/09s that had a few issues, but most have not. I would say buy as late a model you can or want to afford. As with any bike look for signs of abuse and lack of maintenance issues make sure it shifts good, does not pop out of gear or clutch
slip under full throttle!
Good luck with your quest!

Welcome, go get one you'll love it!!
2008 thru 2017 touring for the most part have not changed. Their have been a few 2008/09s that had a few issues, but most have not. I would say buy as late a model you can or want to afford. As with any bike look for signs of abuse and lack of maintenance issues make sure it shifts good, does not pop out of gear or clutch
slip under full throttle!
Good luck with your quest!
Thanks for the advice. I did all my mx on the roadstar except for the tranny recall. For sure want the tour model. I would think these rockets can eat up the miles. I know a guy who has 200,000 on his roadstar and a guy on the Vulcan forum who has over 350k on his Voyager.
My big motivation is to try something different. I discovered I am a torque addict, lol.
Being a large guy at 6'5" 300lb do you think it would fit ok?

Another Welcome from Auss and I reckon it will fit you like a glove, Rockets are the prefect bike for larger guys

I'm 6'3" and 300 pounds. Fits me just fine. I have a 2015 Rocket III Roadster so the touring should have further forward controls that mine.

Back