Ran out of gas!

I've got a good trip planned this summer and I'll definitely be thinking about one of these. No issues with vapors I assume as it's completely sealed?
-MIG
No issues with vapours. I have got two of them for six years already, and I keep them filled and closed most of the time. I originally thought that keeping them closed would lead to the seals flattening out or just failing, but it did not - so those are probably Viton®. They survive being dropped pretty well too, being aluminium (-:

No issues with vapours. I have got two of them for six years already, and I keep them filled and closed most of the time. I originally thought that keeping them closed would lead to the seals flattening out or just failing, but it did not - so those are probably Viton®. They survive being dropped pretty well too, being aluminium (-:
Are they a mess to fill at a gas station?

Thanks! :cool:
-MIG

Are they a mess to fill at a gas station?
They might well be messy to fill at a gas station. I have only filled them at home, using a jerry can and a funnel. And I have not often done that either. You will not run out of fuel when you have it with you, only when you do not—Sod's Law.

Before we had "café racer" bikes, now we have "gas station racer" bikes ... Why Triumph has decided to decrease tank capacity on the new R3 ?

Why Triumph has decided to decrease tank capacity on the new R3 ?
So they won't sell their bikes to people like me and other people in Australia who like to ride out of town.
IMG_1115.JPG

Nuns always travel in pairs, so that one nun makes sure the other nun gets none.

For those who may be offended, or think that someone else may be offended, by that joke, tough. That joke was told to my mother (who then passed it on to me) by a nun.

I did run out of fuel a few months ago as I didn't know that there was no petrol stations for about 180 km. (Highway 1 north of Rockhampton) I ran out 5-6 km before the petrol station and found out that it can run on methylated spirits. That got me to the petrol station without any bad engine noises. I only did 80 km/hr to preserve the bit of meth I had.
I assume that there would have been a small amount of petrol in the tank to be mixed up with the meth.
I ran out at 150.8 miles on my GT and if i remember right one bottle like that just got me to the station at about 5.8 miles.

Back