Ram Air why? All information

Taurobiker

Ahora sabes porque!!!
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Classic
I have read many threads about the Ram Air but all the data is scattered throughout the forum. I want to gather here all the possible information to learn and be able to explain it to my Spanish friends. Here are the best wise guys from R3 and I ask you to show me please, thank you
I do not have financial resources, I am saving little by little to be able to buy one for my R3 and to install it
I have many doubts and questions, I hope have patience with me
Sorry for the English translated from Google

Screenshot-20200225-122921.png

Screenshot-20200225-122813.png

-What is Ram Air? Definition

-What pieces do you have?

-What is it for?

-Is it good for the engine?

-Recommended price of the kit?

Ram Air offers a very nice comprehensive kit. The instructions are clear, and easy to follow with photos.

That being said, without also installing a better flowing exhaust and a proper dyno tune the cost vs gain benefit is negligible.

Better to save your money and do both and you will net real, tangible torque and horsepower.

¿Qué es la melodía Dyno?

Lo siento mucho pero no entiendo el gráfico
¿Qué significan las letras TQ?
HP=Horse Power??

I have removed the catalyst
The leaks are standard, any recommendations for leaks?
I want to buy the Tuneecu cable and start learning
Is it better for the engine to have the Ram Air?

Es mejor ahorrar su dinero y hacer ambas cosas, y ahorrar un par y una potencia real y tangibles. [/CITA]

More engine air and tuning = more fuel consumption
Do you consume much more gasoline?
The use of the motorcycle is mostly passenger routes and cruising speed (110/120 km / h)
I'm not really looking to boost the engine, I'm more interested in the engine running better
When I removed the catbox the engine breathes better, it warms much less by retaining less gas, I really don't look for better sound just better performance

So how much do you want to know? - It was designed by Colin (ex of this forum) - and the design passed to RamAir for free.

Originally we asked ITG to build it and they said it could not be done - I still have the prototype ITG filter. The ITG will not fit under the bear-claw and is LOUD.

Photo with ITG

Colin passed the original Prototype RamAir filter to me and I ran with it for 2 years - before RamAir swapped it out for a production model.

It was designed to eliminate all the undertank stuff, ease maintenance and fit under the bearclaw. And keep the AIT sensor in the filtered air flow.

If it adds power, torque etc - it will be in conjunction with other parts - notably a free flowing exhaust header. But that is NOT what it was designed to do. It does, but that is coincidental.

With open exhaust and a ramair the mix will be lean. A retune is required - I would suggest a proper Dynometer tune or a Power Commander with A/T - with a POD300 to monitor results.
It does not HAVE TO consume more - but if you use the extra power/torque it will.

Price £124.99 direct from Ramair.

Back