Journeyman28778

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
'11 Rocket III Roadster
I probably should have asked this when I was doing my rebuild, but why do you guys like the Samco hoses so much? I got 50K miles out of the stock hoses and decided to just go stock again, since they were much less expensive. I've also heard so much about the silicone hoses leaking at first- I guess because they are so slippery that getting a good seal is a little more difficult. Anyway, honestly just wondering. If I can get another 50 K out of the stock I'll be happy. The only other difference is the wet shiny look of the silicone, which I like, but for the extra $ I didn't see that being justified at the time when the cost for all the other parts were stacking up.

leatal

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Roadster
Three weeks ago I bought a set of Samco hoses and Samco clips for $116 with $10 shipping (from England) on Ebay. Arrived quickly and look nice. Have not installed yet. Not much more than OEM prices.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
I probably should have asked this when I was doing my rebuild, but why do you guys like the Samco hoses so much? I got 50K miles out of the stock hoses and decided to just go stock again, since they were much less expensive. I've also heard so much about the silicone hoses leaking at first- I guess because they are so slippery that getting a good seal is a little more difficult. Anyway, honestly just wondering. If I can get another 50 K out of the stock I'll be happy. The only other difference is the wet shiny look of the silicone, which I like, but for the extra $ I didn't see that being justified at the time when the cost for all the other parts were stacking up.
It is like comparing apples to oranges. The samco hoses are worth the money. A lot more to them then just being shiny. The only reason why they would leak is because proper torque was not done after hoses settled in.

Jeremy

.060 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
Three weeks ago I bought a set of Samco hoses and Samco clips for $116 with $10 shipping (from England) on Ebay. Arrived quickly and look nice. Have not installed yet. Not much more than OEM prices.
Have a link? I leave on my trip in 4 weeks. I would like to install prior to goimg for piece of mind.

Jeremy

.060 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
It is like comparing apples to oranges. The samco hoses are worth the money. A lot more to them then just being shiny. The only reason why they would leak is because proper torque was not done after hoses settled in.
Are you saying i need to watch them close and may need to tighten them for awhile till they are good?

CrzystghndKC

Triumph guy happy he didn't work for Harley.
Ride
Triumph: 2005 & 2011 R3 Roadster
Samco hoses come with a lifetime warranty if you use their clamps and they recommend to re-tighten after 100 miles of use after that they should be good.