Radiator flush, refill.

Darron1117

Supercharged
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket III Roadster
Hey Rocketeers,

Going to flush and refill my radiator on 2012 Roadster.
What is a good tutorial to use or just tell me how to do it, if you could.
What do I remove to drain radiator, etc.
Does the radiator cap simply twist off or does that little bolt on the cap have to be removed.
On refill, is it completely refilled through the expansion tank or the radiator itself?
What is a Triumph replacement coolant?
Zerex G-05?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Good thread. My R3 needs that service too. Can't wait to see what the gang recommends. There are several non-water replacement products. Perhaps they will show in this thread.

I get to do mine this winter
The inner pump hose has a pin hole
13 years so I can't really complain.

Anyway that little bolt on the vap is a safetu lock pull it first then the radiator cap is like taking any othermetal one off
Push down a little and leftey loosey righty tighty. The fastest way to drain it is to back out the three water pump bolt about 3 or 4 turns put a drain pan under it and if you look by the two bottom bolts you'll see a slot on each side just stick the screw driver blade in there and you csn pry the cover open so it stops whan it his the bolt heads. She'll drain quick. Fill with head bleeder screw loose or out depending on your ability. Fill until coolany come out breather bolt. The cap radiator , add safety bolt
And fill overflow to the full line. If your using some type of fancy coolant it might require yoiu flushing the coolant system with distilled water.

Warps technique is good. It is also described in the service manual on @idk if you don't have one yourself.

I have been using the Pro Honda HP Coolant Type-2 50/50 Blend. It is a quality coolant and said to be safe for our aluminum block because it uses non-abrasive corrosion inhibitors.

I recommend it ... unless Mark Johnson has an exception.

If you come to RAA WV, you can take Dan's Guzzi California for a spin, he practically begs people to ride it. Nice bike, plenty of torque, I could ride it cross country no problem.

I think you should only fill the overflow bottle to the minimum level when cold. That will allow the coolant to expand to the maximum level when hot and not puke it all out.

Back