Raboconda Tire Changer for 240 rear wheel?

I have the Rabaconda tire changer and it is a great machine. I've changed front and back Indian touring and bagger tires with ease. They say up to a 250 tire so I think we are good. I haven't found out the spindle size yet although I've asked a few times on this forum. I'll have to pull the wheel one day and measure. The rab gets put away in a gym bag, love it.

I just ordered one. Busted up my knuckles changing the rear tire of my Zero recently and said, “never more.” So I was looking at NoMar, but dreading the storage space it would take up when I started seeing the ads for Raboconda. They only have specialized adapters for BMW and Ducati, but I ordered the general large hub adapter and will see how it works with the R3GT rear wheel. Will be a bit before I change tires on the Rocket, but planning on reporting here when I do.

I just ordered one. Busted up my knuckles changing the rear tire of my Zero recently and said, “never more.” So I was looking at NoMar, but dreading the storage space it would take up when I started seeing the ads for Raboconda. They only have specialized adapters for BMW and Ducati, but I ordered the general large hub adapter and will see how it works with the R3GT rear wheel. Will be a bit before I change tires on the Rocket, but planning on reporting here when I do.
The only reason the adapter may not work is if the rim is too wide according to Rabaconda. I asked if longer threaded inserts would be available? I’ll post when I hear back.

They look very slick. Seeing that @papanorm has one and recommends it is encouraging. I'm sure the spindle can be worked out. If I were just getting into changing my tires I might look into it. I currently have a cheap Harbor Freight stand and a Mojo Lever which works amazingly well. Less expensive, but you have to permanently mount the stand (unlike the Raboconda). The lever works great.

Before I discovered the MojoLever those that were mounting tires talked of having to cut through the bead with bolt cutters in order to remove the tire. Not necessary.

It's said that the Raboconda has a learning curve, but so did the Mojolever. I made a video using it, but have since perfected my technique to where it takes very little force to remove, or mount, a rear tire (fronts are easy). I guess I'm all set, but curious to see how the Raboconda works once you guys figure out the spindle issue. It does look to be a more "elegant" system.

They look very slick. Seeing that @papanorm has one and recommends it is encouraging. I'm sure the spindle can be worked out. If I were just getting into changing my tires I might look into it. I currently have a cheap Harbor Freight stand and a Mojo Lever which works amazingly well. Less expensive, but you have to permanently mount the stand (unlike the Raboconda). The lever works great.

Before I discovered the MojoLever those that were mounting tires talked of having to cut through the bead with bolt cutters in order to remove the tire. Not necessary.

It's said that the Raboconda has a learning curve, but so did the Mojolever. I made a video using it, but have since perfected my technique to where it takes very little force to remove, or mount, a rear tire (fronts are easy). I guess I'm all set, but curious to see how the Raboconda works once you guys figure out the spindle issue. It does look to be a more "elegant" system.
I was amazed at how easily the Rabaconda system worked the first time I used it. I watched several videos and followed good and bad methods and was impressed that even the bad ones got their tires on and off. Things that helped were working with warm tires either leaving in the sun or by a heat source, lot's of tire lube, using the drop center tools and patience for a new tire to relax as you ratchet the duckhead around. The tire mount/dismount was the easy part compared to removing a rear Indian Challenger wheel or front Indian Roadmaster wheel. Our Rockets should be so much easier with just lug nuts to remove/install. Storing the Rabaconda in its included gym bag was also a big plus in my space challenged garage.

A moving blanket and a 2x6 and your car.... Done. If you don't know how to break a bead with a 2x6... Basically make it a ramp and drive onto it. Tire spoons and some soapy water.
Takes 10 minutes to change out the rear tire minus taking it on and off the bike.
A tire changer is nice but not worth the $.

A moving blanket and a 2x6 and your car.... Done. If you don't know how to break a bead with a 2x6... Basically make it a ramp and drive onto it. Tire spoons and some soapy water.
Takes 10 minutes to change out the rear tire minus taking it on and off the bike.
A tire changer is nice but not worth the $.
Been there, done that. These days, I’m looking for simple and a better way to protect the rims. Bought a harbor freight bead breaker and liked how quickly that got the bead off vice my motion pro bead breakers. Then proceeded to ruin my painted rim finish with the tire spoons and rim guards. Plus the three hours I spent wrestling the old tire off and new one on in a heated garage. The tire was pliable, but I wasted so much time and energy plus the rim paint dings. The NoMar, Mojo, and Raboconda were in the running, and I went with Raboconda because of the way it stores. Storage space has a value to me as well.

You can get cheap covers. Tire machine or spoons have the same risk of damage. It's how you put the tire on. Zip ties can sometimes help. The 30 tires I have changed on motorcycles and the few times I have done it on cars... Always used spoons and a 2x6. Supper eazy once I got the skills.

Back