RAA West-cursing the Texas Heat

Please keep us in mind -- Wei and I would like to go with you.
Too Texas ???? That's a haul and I would avoid the super slabs also so it would be a couple days ride just to get to Tyler or near there. Route 66 runs helter skelter between old sections and 4 lane sections. Not sure when tornado season is over either. Hail balls hurt. I'll have to ask our Texas and Okie family members for seasonal advice. I also just stop and stay someplace with broken neon and a greasy spoon either built in or next door. You know how I roll. The Saturday in Kentucky I had already loaded my bike and was out riding before 6 AM waiting for breakfast to open up.Had there been no scheduled breakfast I would have been many miles away.

Last edited:
Sounds like a great adventure, the best time to ride Texas and Oklahoma is in the fall between september and november, may and june still doable but risk getting wet

Sounds like a great adventure, the best time to ride Texas and Oklahoma is in the fall between september and november, may and june still doable but risk getting wet
I ride with Rainman and unless lightning is striking the guardrail next to me I fear not. The lightning and hail thing has happened a few times. October into November temps look good but the panhandle weather can be very wierd.

Tornaders are not really a big worry on the stretch you’re going. More hail in spring than fall. Lupes right. Sept, Oct, Nov will be a little colder getting into Amarillo area.
Let’s make this happen brother!

Back