Boog

Traveling Story Teller
Ride
2014 R3T, RAMAIR, Full Viking Dual exhaust
Brahma is not feeling well this morning. Start up was normal. I let him idle while I put his cover away. As I pulled away from the house, I noticed a lot of play in the throttle. Then the throttle hit a new STOP. I can get up to 10mph and no more. The enigine barely revs at all. I rode him back to his parking space and shut him down.

It was dark so I did no troubleshooting. And being that I have not received my shade-tree mechanic certification yet, where do I start troubleshooting when I get home? I suspect a cable may have broken somewhere, maybe...

Jake could be right , especially since your cables were so tight they had to be pulling against each other. I remember your throttle grip being all chewed up. Don't recollect if you have heated grips or not but I'm wondering if where the throttle cables hook up top might have broke on the pull side.

Jake could be right , especially since your cables were so tight they had to be pulling against each other. I remember your throttle grip being all chewed up. Don't recollect if you have heated grips or not but I'm wondering if where the throttle cables hook up top might have broke on the pull side.
I do have new heated grips to install but the ones on there now are the original grips.

looks like it is time to learn a new skill.

looks like u r in good hands.
will keep an eye open i should learn something.

Well, good news, the cable was not broken.
At first, I opened the throttle grip assembly and saw a loose cable. I thought sure enough, it's frayed and broke on the bottom side.
20201021_162409.jpg

But after removing the seat, the bear claw, lifting the tank and removing the over flow resouvoir, I saw the cable had simply come undone with the nut backing off.
20201021_165147.jpg

So, I aligned it up and tightened it down.
20201021_165410.jpg

I did see another problem has returned. The old air filter compartment is retaining water again. The dang drain hole it full of grit. I cleaned it out with a bit but I don't think it is clear.
20201021_164910.jpg

At first, I opened the throttle grip assembly and saw a loose cable. I thought sure enough, it's frayed and broke on the bottom side.
20201021_162409.jpg

But after removing the seat, the bear claw, lifting the tank and removing the over flow resouvoir, I saw the cable had simply come undone with the nut backing off.
20201021_165147.jpg

20201021_165410.jpg

I did see another problem has returned. The old air filter compartment is retaining water again. The dang drain hole it full of grit. I cleaned it out with a bit but I don't think it is clear.
20201021_164910.jpg
Where's that water from? Riding in the rain?

20201021_162409.jpg

20201021_165147.jpg

20201021_165410.jpg

20201021_164910.jpg
I bet one could pop a couple 3/16" holes in the bottom with a drill so it drains. Won't bother it necause its not used for air cleaner. Then later on if you need to a couple squirts of permatex black would seal them holes right back up. Just thinking outloud

Back