Want to Buy R3T stock bar risers

Sooo just remove the handlebars, loosen the top triple tree clamp and lift it. Then unbolt the risers. The top clamp is just cosmetic and bears no stress?

When I did my risers I did not loosen the triple tree clamp, I just turned the forks to get to the bolts under the triple tree. Mine is a Touring but you may be able to do the same thing.

bob

When I did my risers I did not loosen the triple tree clamp, I just turned the forks to get to the bolts under the triple tree. Mine is a Touring but you may be able to do the same thing.

bob

Sorry Bob, Im slow. How can you turn the forks without loosening the top triple tree clamp? The nut that affixes the riser is under the clamp. I was concerned about changing the fork setting. The bottom clamp should keep everything square. It is doable without changing the way the bike rides. I wonder how will this change affect steering through corners.

Last edited:
NP, turn the front wheel to left or right lock using the handlebars and you should be able to get to the bolt head by approaching from the back side (engine) side of the forks. I did not have to take the top clamp off, just removed the bolts from the bottom once I had the front end assembly turned to full lock one way or the other. I hope that made sense.

bob

NP, turn the front wheel to left or right lock using the handlebars and you should be able to get to the bolt head by approaching from the back side (engine) side of the forks. I did not have to take the top clamp off, just removed the bolts from the bottom once I had the front end assembly turned to full lock one way or the other. I hope that made sense.

bob

Okaay. Thank you for clearing that up for me. Makes the job much easier.

Back