R3T batwing fairing from Reckless Motorcycles.

Personally, I ride with my eyes rather than my ears anyway. By the time you can hear something over the wind noise and the engine noise, it's already too late. Emergency vehicles cut through even earplugs, too.

Gents,

Have any of you considered mounting an aftermarket Harley batwing to the R3T? I was looking at one for a road king the other day and realized that it's headlight port is open on the bottom, unlike the ultra's or the streetglide's. This would allow mounting around our big can... They are anywhere from $150-$400 on Ebay and other sites, so the cost would be wildly lower than those made for the Triumph. Thoughts? I'd like to get a batwing for the look, but also to have a stereo mounted up. @cr0ft , in-ears block all of the bike noise when riding, which is great for the music, but makes me nervous in that I can't hear changes the the bike. Plus, any emergency vehicles or other vehicles on the road are drowned out. As much as I like crisp sound, I wouldn't be willing to risk riding without my ears on the bike.

That'd be really difficult I think. The front of the fairing isn't load bearing. It's held to the inner fairing by the 3 bolts across the top (where the windshield is held in place sandwiched between the inner and outer fairing), and 4 bolts on the back side. All the structural mounts are on the inner fairing.

BTW, for that price all you're getting is the outer fairing.

Yeah it's actually the front and inner fairing with a mounting kit... this company sells their b stock stuff on Ebay (little nicks and scratches) for around $200. The inner is ported for a sound system, too, and comes with a clear and a tinted windscreen.

I have a semi busted/ fixed fairing if anyone wants it for a project, I'll take pictures tonight. First come first serve, pay postage.

I am not sure who it's from, it is one of the aftermarket ones that will take a head unit and 2 6.5 speakers. It is gel coat black, I was fixing it for a friend that had an off, it's been fiberglassed and patched, just needs sanding and paint.

Last edited:
@ROCKETHEAD , Thanks for the offer. Pending pics, I'd definitely take it. I'm no wiz with fiberglass so I don't want to steal someone else's opportunity if it's beyond my limited skills

@ROCKETHEAD , Thanks for the offer. Pending pics, I'd definitely take it. I'm no wiz with fiberglass so I don't want to steal someone else's opportunity if it's beyond my limited skills
I just edited my post, its been fixed for the most part just needs bondo/glass sanded down and painted, will need to make your own brackets for mounting.

Awesome... I could live with that. Would you still mind posting a few pics?

well if that deal falls thru i'll come over with the pickup and cash and take it off your hands.

Back