R3R with Jardines and Ramair

Ralsmith

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Rocket 3 Roadster
i currently have Jardines, both headers and exhaust with K&N under the seat. My Ramair is on the way, just left Heathrow for California. Looking for some advice on what would be the best tune to load for this combo. Also should I leave O2 on or disconnect and plug the pipe. Thanks in advance for the help.

Brit living in exile.

I believe there's a tune for Jardines listed here that is compatible:

Rocket Tunes

O2 on/off, with it on, the ECU is going to adapt to it's target AFR, about 14.5, it'll feel fine but it'll be running warm and will have a little less torque.

It kind of counteracts the entire point of running a custom tune to have it on, as the ECU will undo the work the tuner did.

I know some people do prefer leaving it on, and I suspect that's due to the innacuracy when loading a tune from someone else's bike into yours, when possible get it on a Dyno and get a tune. It'll feel better and make more umph.

Re O2 sensor. If it's unchecked in the map remove and plug or it will die. If it's not unchecked leave in-situ.

@clavinger
Where are rocket tunes stored now. Tune ECU.org is no longer up. Looking for tune for 2011 R3R with Full Jardines and Ramair

Back