R3R wheel and tire on a R3T

Would it be worth the time and work to convert/adapt a R3T rear to a Classic for the extra tire capacity?

Thanks fingers. The mileage is from tank fill to tank fill, I wouldn't know what distance is between them. I am only concerned about the rear tire wear. I'd hate one to pop because of our wide loads if you get my drift.

I'm up for trying, for sure. I just don't know what fill order I'd need.

Ito abut more than 250 lbs. and my wife is a big girl plus all the stuff we carry in the saddlebags and trunk.getting better than 15,000mi. On the Commanderll's

@Mike Kimble - 15k miles with 6 or 7 tyres? That's a huge amount of rubber for not a lot of miles. I understand weight etc..but is everything else aligned properly??? Or am I just being a dumb schmuck who don't understand properly? Wouldn't be the first time either!!

How many burn out's do you do? That is too much rubber, for that many miles. Sounds like something is wrong.o_O

My wife and I have put over 80K miles on the three R3T's we have had and we ride loaded with a trunk and trunk bag as well. We get about 6K miles out of a tire. I have tried several different ones with Dunlap being the best at mileage. I have an R3R as well and we don't load it as much but the 240 still only gets 6 to 7K.

Trapper

I have tried the different tire manufacturers discussed. On the rear, the Commander II is by far the best I've tried. I am on my 2nd MC II. The first had 16000 on it when I ran over a drywall screw. The tread had thousands left. I'm on my 2nd tire, and have a little over 10,000 miles on it. Tread is at least a half left.
I run a Dunlop Ellite 3 on the front. 1st tire had 15,000 at the change. Still had life left, but we were going on a trip. On the second front, and have ran 9,000 miles with about half left.
I tilt the scales at 285. My wife isn't telling, but I'd guess she's 150 lbs.

The only way to do it would be to swap swing arms as well, which can be had cheap on ebay.

There may be some changes required to swap swing arms out, and, the R3 240 tire selection is mediocre at best.

I never ceased to be amazed at the mileage you Guys are complaining about.
If I get 5K miles I'm real happy.

4.jpg

Back