R3R wheel and tire on a R3T

Mike Kimble

.020 Over
Ride
2008 R3T
Will a Rocket 3 Roadster wheel and tire fit on a Touring? My wife and I riding this 08 touring have been through 6 or 7 tires in 15k miles. Thanks for your time.

2008 R3T
TORs exhaust, y-pipe, PCV, Auto Tune, RAMAIR, TuneEcu with the goodies, POD-300

Will a Rocket 3 Roadster wheel and tire fit on a Touring? My wife and I riding this 08 touring have been through 6 or 7 tires in 15k miles. Thanks for your time.

2008 R3T
TORs exhaust, y-pipe, PCV, Auto Tune, RAMAIR, TuneEcu with the goodies, POD-300

I don't know for sure Mike but I am 99% sure that it will not. I have been running a 200/60-16 Avon on the back of my 13 and that can barely fit. Can't imagine that a 240 would make it.

One of the captains from Florida @Fingers has switched to bias ply Michelin commanders (I think) and reports good handling and great mileage. If I remember he runs a 180/65 rear and 130/90 front.

I think I am going to give it a try on the next set. Tried a darkside rear for a while and was never comfortable with it

Roadster wheels are to wide to fit an R3T.@BillB is correct on the tires I run very happy with them.

Would it be worth the time and work to convert/adapt a R3T rear to a Classic for the extra tire capacity?

Back