R3GT Turn Signal Problem

ArizonaKid

.040 Over
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 GT
I’m experiencing intermittent turn signal outages on my 2021. When this happens it will fix itself if I just let it run for a minute or so (fast blinking) or turn the bike off and then turn it back on. The dealer reloaded the software at the first service, but the problem persists. Anyone experiencing this problem, and if so what is the fix?

I & a friend have had an indicator replaced under warranty due to similar failure. When you tap the indicator, does it sound like a rattle? Ours did, like the internals fell apart.
I just realized, the US models have the dinner plate indicators so may not be the same problem... worth comparing though?

I’m experiencing intermittent turn signal outages on my 2021. When this happens it will fix itself if I just let it run for a minute or so (fast blinking) or turn the bike off and then turn it back on. The dealer reloaded the software at the first service, but the problem persists. Anyone experiencing this problem, and if so what is the fix?
Took the bike in to the dealer before Christmas and they reloaded the bike's software (again), and. . . haven't had the problem since. They did call Triumph and evidently are going to replace the TFT display module (dash, gages, whatever you call that thing) under warranty since some of the software lives there (?). If the turn signal problem doesn't reoccur I'll have them wait on that. We'll see. The problem (warning light) with the key fob being out of range was remedied by putting a fresh battery in the fob (i hope).

Yes i am too. I got the scrolling indicators added as factory option. First it was front right that kept showing a fault. They replaced the front set and that fixed the issue. Now the rear right is showing a fault. Dealer says they cant get replacements for a month from triumph! I seriously doubt that but i cant do anything more.
They dealer tech did say there is specific software for the scrolling indicators but was reloaded a couple of times to be sure.
Ive heard of many others seeing the same issue and I’m not convinced its a hardware issue….

Had the same issue. Disappeared when reloading the software.
R3 GT 2020

Same issue, software flash didn't help, m dealer will continue to investigate after winter (have another issue that require a riding test, so they need warmer weather for that, so we agreed to focus on both issues at the same time).

They can flash in the wrong software as many times as they like. Won't help. They need the correct version. There were rumblings about software variations related to daytime running light configurations. If the factory would just put out a service bulletin, they wouldn't pay for superfluous troubleshooting and warranty repairs. I'm sure changing out the signal arms was only $100 or so. :) I wonder how many "pinched wires" were found, only to have the fault come back. Ha ha ha ha...

They can flash in the wrong software as many times as they like. Won't help. They need the correct version. There were rumblings about software variations related to daytime running light configurations. If the factory would just put out a service bulletin, they wouldn't pay for superfluous troubleshooting and warranty repairs. I'm sure changing out the signal arms was only $100 or so. :) I wonder how many "pinched wires" were found, only to have the fault come back. Ha ha ha ha...
Actually, they tried 3 different versions in my case, nothing worked. Also, I'm 1 of 2 guys in my country who has this problem on the R version of the bike, all others are GT Rockets, funny hmm? :-D

Actually, they tried 3 different versions in my case, nothing worked. Also, I'm 1 of 2 guys in my country who has this problem on the R version of the bike, all others are GT Rockets, funny hmm? :-D
Why is this issue still an issue? From my POV, there should be no question as to the correct software version. (Configuration management 101.) By this time, a factory engineer should have been dispatched to either resolve the issue or order the moto replaced. Mine failed, twice, on the way home. Took away a lot of the joy. I lost it for something like 5 weeks to technical issues this past summer (paid the loan and insurance though). These are not cheap machines and, although I respect and appreciate my Dealer's service folk, I am not sure they are getting optimum manufacturer support.

Back