R3 Speedometer is off

oilman

Standard Bore
My speedometer shows 6 MPH faster then I am actually going. Is there a fix for that?

same here about 6mph over actual spped confirmed by GPS and increasing to 8mph at 100mph I just use what is left of my brain to make the correction

My speedometer shows 6 MPH faster then I am actually going. Is there a fix for that?

Yes,put a Bridgestone Exedra 240/55/16 on the rear and the larger diameter will go close to correcting it.
As others have mentioned the speedo and odo are linked,so the odo will be under reading with the larger tyre.
I had my speedo/odo adjusted to the factory settings as I prefer an accurate odo for reading maps and doing fuel calculations.

tuneboy

You need to reset your wheel speed constant to correct your speedometer. If you change tire sizes you may need to do it also. I went to a car tire and had to reset mine, I use a tuneboy. I think I just did a ratio of the tire circumference to the wheel speed constant. standard setting of the wheel speed constant is 3037. If you're running a stock tire I think it needs to be set around 3190 to make the speedometer correct. If you look in some of the old posts I think you can find that information.

:bch:
seems to my simple mind you are overthinking this as i do believe the only true correction would be a wheelie every 6/10 of a mile to correct the odometer.
Except R3's take their speed from the transmission rather than the front tire. ;)

Yes,put a Bridgestone Exedra 240/55/16 on the rear and the larger diameter will go close to correcting it.
As others have mentioned the speedo and odo are linked,so the odo will be under reading with the larger tyre.
I had my speedo/odo adjusted to the factory settings as I prefer an accurate odo for reading maps and doing fuel calculations.

I was looking into the Exedra but heard some negative reviews about wear life and sidewall strength.

Back