Quirky things we do!

Ah!!...French Press verses drip filter...love "em both but prefer the clarity of the filter cone....and with my press (yes I do have one) I could never seem to get the strength down and acid out like I do with the filter but...when I'm going for it and want kick-butt coffee (like if I'm sailing in January arouund Puget Sound for example) I go to the press (also because I tend to burn myself to death on a jibe with the filter cone!! :eek:... I have to say though, other than that...ii's a toss up for me at times and purely personal. Working now to install a pressure steam manifold off my headers for espresso...(I love my Breve's!)....I tried to come straight off the end of the exhaust but it tended to give the coffee an off flavor...someone suggested that maybe it was just the brand of gasoline I was using....nope...probably just too much ethanol.

Travelinguy out...somewhere in Arkansas...headed either toTexas or Forida to winter out.
If you pass through Louisiana drop off some coffee, :D

I have espresso machines strategically placed wherever I expect to be - at home, at work, at "special" friend's house. Even took one with me to Lord Howe Island once (because I was the one who needed the holiday...;)). If I'm ever forced to have plunger coffee I avoid the bitterness by putting half inch or so of cold water in with the grounds - and then try not to have the water actually boiling (if I'm in control of the process). I frequently return coffee in coffee shops if it's too hot, too weak and/or has no creme.
People say I'm mad; that it's gotta to boiling and everything has to be as hot as possible; usually people who think instant coffeee is coffee.

I also have jam with cheese. My grandmother got me on the stuff when she'd have camembert with her home made strawberry jam. Must try the SAO in the sandwich idea - sounds excellent. Cheese and Vegemite is also pretty good. Of course I've had that with crisps for a similar effect.

Family generally laughs at how many times I 'need' to go outside just to look at the bike. My son also counted more than 20 times I took the bear claw off and thought about cutting it - before I actually did.

Hey stop sending that friggin Rain ...Yes it's coming from your way, was thinking of washing bike and going for a spin might just have go for a spin that will wash it to I guess, do any good in the Cup I got the winner in one of the sweeps I went in, went in a $20 sweep and a $1 sweep guess which one I got the winner in
Yup the Bloody $1 one Bugger at least I might break even:rolleyes:

Won nothing. Had 7 sweep tickets with all the kid's names, Amanda's, mine and even the dogs. Not even last! Didn't place a bet for the first time in years (ever??) so I consider myself a winner there. ;) Supposed to get some rain here today but doesn't really look like it. Must have succesfully shipped it all down to you. :D Best way to make sure it rains is to wash your bike so maybe try not washing it and enjoy your ride. :p

Won nothing. Had 7 sweep tickets with all the kid's names, Amanda's, mine and even the dogs. Not even last! Didn't place a bet for the first time in years (ever??) so I consider myself a winner there. ;) Supposed to get some rain here today but doesn't really look like it. Must have succesfully shipped it all down to you. :D Best way to make sure it rains is to wash your bike so maybe try not washing it and enjoy your ride. :p
Just got back Dry ride so was able to take that big S sweep passing lane (just north of here between East Lyne and Termiel) at about 160km/h F3ck that feels awesome that would have to be one of the very few sweepers around here it actually has proper cambers, :D

My favourite sanga, Apricot Jam, Tasty Cheese, and Vegimite, bloody beautiful but must be apricot jam.

I agree with Richard after a wash, ride hard, no water yep it polishing time.

Jam and cheese is a fairly normal sandwich here, although a bit old fashioned now. My father told me it was a miners piece common with men on the coal face here in central Scotland. your story has brought back found memories of sharing a cheese and strawberry jam piece with my late father. Another favorite of his was a roll on fry's chocolate cream.

Your Dad was not telling you porky pies, when I worked at Seafield Colliery jam and cheese was the main diet:D I remember one night shift waiting at the cage to go underground and someone lifted my piece sack by mistake so I took the only one left(had to eat something) and boy did I enjoy it the bastard had chicken pieces three bits of shortbread and two packets of cheese and onion crisps and I finished every last bit:D he also had a flask with coffee in it I did miss my tea but I finished his coffee tooooooooooooooooooo:D

My favourite sanga, Apricot Jam, Tasty Cheese, and Vegimite, bloody beautiful but must be apricot jam.

I agree with Richard after a wash, ride hard, no water yep it polishing time.

Well Marty I've had cheese and jam, cheese and vegemite and jam and vegemite, but never the three together. Will let you know tomorrow how I like it. Got some apricot jame here I'm sure.

I have been trying to test avg. fuel mileage since my last mods and tuning, but have continually failed miserably. The goal at every fuel fill (15-17 tanks) is to ride moderate to mildly aggressive and it seems to all go well as I mentally note at the 10-15 mile mark that all is going well and then the next mental note I take is at the 150-160 mile mark at which time I realize I need to refuel and have been riding at 3/4 throttle for the last 140 miles. This is when I swear to myself that I will get a good average mpg on the next tank. I will conclude that it may be easier to redefine average and let it be at that. btw, the "new average riding" yields 30.1 mpg.

Well Marty I've had cheese and jam, cheese and vegemite and jam and vegemite, but never the three together. Will let you know tomorrow how I like it. Got some apricot jame here I'm sure.

So I have Vegemite (of course!) and cheese (grated tasty) but no apricot jam. Choice was between strawberry and sweet orange marmalade - so marmalade it was (primarily because it's the same colour, which I figured was important). Then the bread. Had bird sead or white. Actually went with bird sead and toasted it. So that was it. Delicious by the way. Gonna buy some apricot jam today and try it on white bread next.

Back