Quirky things we do!

BigAl52

Supercharged
Ride
R3 standard with many mods
Thought I'd start this thread as a bit of fun based on comments (all in fun) I get from family members. They all think I'm a bit strange!

After I wash the R3 I use the garden blower vac to get rid of most of the water before I chamois it.
I then use the vac part to get the dust out of the lambswool seat covers.

I sometimes have a cheese and strawberry jam sandwich if I'm a bit peckish, and if I want a bit of crunch I'll put a Sao in it as well.

My youngest grandaughter thinks I'm weird, my wife just shakes her head, the other daughters think I need help!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else do things that people find amusing or is it just me!

Thought I'd start this thread as a bit of fun based on comments (all in fun) I get from family members. They all think I'm a bit strange!

After I wash the R3 I use the garden blower vac to get rid of most of the water before I chamois it.
I then use the vac part to get the dust out of the lambswool seat covers.

I sometimes have a cheese and strawberry jam sandwich if I'm a bit peckish, and if I want a bit of crunch I'll put a Sao in it as well.

My youngest grandaughter thinks I'm weird, my wife just shakes her head, the other daughters think I need help!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else do things that people find amusing or is it just me!
Hey that a good idea with the blower there is nothin worse than chamoising and water dribles out from some obscure spot arhhhhg!!!

I've never had a jam and cheese sandwich...that's got to have something to do with you guys being upside down on the globe :D.

Let's see....I buy my coffee directly from a farm family in Nicaragua. I help pay for their school supplies plus pay them for the coffee...its "Fair Trade" so there's no middle men. I then have it shipped and double roasted in Olyhmpia, Washington (a very intricate process as just a degree ior two on the second roast will ruin the whole batch)..Oh and this allows me to make coffee as strong as I want with no bitterness). Then I have the coffee shipped to me wherever I am in the country...if you"ll note...I don't have a home as I have been "on the road" now for about 14 months!. The rule for brewing coffee is to grind coffee about 20-30 seconds before brewing. Coffee is my one non-compromise...in the end, I buy bottled water for brewing and consistency, I only use a drip filter, never allowing water to go over 200 degrees as it extracts too much acid. My wife divorced me and the rest of my family thinks I need to be committed. Now I just sit and sip my coffee and ponder their sanity.

I too use a leaf blower on my bike to get the water out (but only when I can find one because it's really ackward to carry with me especially with my sattelite dish and generator):rolleyes:.

Okay, I was told not to use a pressure washer on the bike. Well, I'm here to tell I've been riding for over 50 years with every kind of bike they make (well maybe ot the steam powered ones)...but close... and...I've used a pressure washer on all of them...just have to be careful to not go under the gas tank. (on the R3)...or under the seat or down into the ignition system...or especially not to shoot yourself in the face (although it really cleans out your pours!) ...anyway...I use a blow dryer to get the droplettes out or just ride real fast into the wind.

Just came down out of Colorado so it'll be a releif to take the chains off...debating now on going on up into the Northeast....figured I try some studded tires first.

Jam and cheese I've got to try...any particlar cheese?

Travelinguy out...

Hey Travelinguy-With how careful you are with your coffee I would've thought you'd be using a french press instead of drip. No comparison, IMO. The wife and I only buy fair trade, but certainly not as directly as you do. Bravo for what you are doing for that family...

Hey Travelinguy-With how careful you are with your coffee I would've thought you'd be using a french press instead of drip. No comparison, IMO. The wife and I only buy fair trade, but certainly not as directly as you do. Bravo for what you are doing for that family...
Yeah I got a local roaster, again Fair trade probally cost a bit more coming thru the roaster but he does a great job and I use an Exresso machine with great care and only Filtered Rain water I collect my self:)

Jam and cheese is a fairly normal sandwich here, although a bit old fashioned now. My father told me it was a miners piece common with men on the coal face here in central Scotland. your story has brought back found memories of sharing a cheese and strawberry jam piece with my late father. Another favorite of his was a roll on fry's chocolate cream.

I just take for a quick blat around the block! When I stop feeling the water spraying on me, it's dry. :)
Hey stop sending that friggin Rain ...Yes it's coming from your way, was thinking of washing bike and going for a spin might just have go for a spin that will wash it to I guess, do any good in the Cup I got the winner in one of the sweeps I went in, went in a $20 sweep and a $1 sweep guess which one I got the winner in

Yup the Bloody $1 one Bugger at least I might break even:rolleyes:

Ah!!...French Press verses drip filter...love "em both but prefer the clarity of the filter cone....and with my press (yes I do have one) I could never seem to get the strength down and acid out like I do with the filter but...when I'm going for it and want kick-butt coffee (like if I'm sailing in January arouund Puget Sound for example) I go to the press (also because I tend to burn myself to death on a jibe with the filter cone!! :eek:... I have to say though, other than that...ii's a toss up for me at times and purely personal. Working now to install a pressure steam manifold off my headers for espresso...(I love my Breve's!)....I tried to come straight off the end of the exhaust but it tended to give the coffee an off flavor...someone suggested that maybe it was just the brand of gasoline I was using....nope...probably just too much ethanol.

Travelinguy out...somewhere in Arkansas...headed either toTexas or Forida to winter out.

Back