Question for R3GT Owners

The cover I got would not take up any where near a liter of space. Both would fit in a coffee cup. It is a shame that we would need them at all.:(
The TFC came with 3 covers - one for the bike, and one for each of the seats. Apparently the seat ones are to keep bird mess off in case you park under a tree!

“Seat Cover
A seat cover is provided with the motorcycle which protects the leather seat from rain, bird mess, tree sap, sun and frost. There is a seat cover for both the rider seat and the rider and passenger seat”

I just buy dry bags from a big chain Meijer. They come in a 3 pack of different sizes. Everything I want to keep dry is in a dry bag or small watertight box. They also keep things together for more efficient space and removal if I'm looking for something at the bottom of the panniers. Same thing for tailbag and luggage bag if I have one. Then again, I avoid the rain if I have the option. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20200208_095943.jpg
    20200208_095943.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 20
I just buy dry bags from a big chain Meijer. They come in a 3 pack of different sizes. Everything I want to keep dry is in a dry bag or small watertight box. They also keep things together for more efficient space and removal if I'm looking for something at the bottom of the panniers. Same thing for tailbag and luggage bag if I have one. Then again, I avoid the rain if I have the option. :rolleyes:

Another great response! Thanks!

Technoguppy,

I have the panniers coming. Looking for waterproof inserts and found a few. Would it be possible to send the dimensions of the bags?

if you have them installed, do the brackets look good on the bike without the bags or do they stick out.

Attach a picture if possible.

Thanks

Mark

The panniers (saddlebags) are not waterproof per Givi and Triumph (Boooo!!!)

They come with rain covers but who wants to give up 1L of space in a 20L bag for a cover!!!

My question for those of you who ride in rain, hail, sleet, snow, and all points in between is as follows:

I do long trips in the summer, pack light, do laundry on the road but I would rather my contents stayed dry without having to resort to stopping to put covers on.

Can you recommend a 20L - 25L waterproof inner bag of which you have actual experience??

Footnote: Arghhh. Seriously, Givi bags are the best! Why they couldn't do these panniers as waterproof I have no idea! Likely to sell me something else after I've spend all my money on the panniers themselves...

As always, thanks in advance Captains!

Technoguppy,

I have the panniers coming. Looking for waterproof inserts and found a few. Would it be possible to send the dimensions of the bags?

if you have them installed, do the brackets look good on the bike without the bags or do they stick out.

Attach a picture if possible.

Thanks

Mark

I installed the mounts and the luggage rack this morning (before the wife got up) and in my opinion, the mounts do NOT take away from the bike at all (without the panniers installed).

The panniers themselves are a little odd ball in shape but rough dimensions would be 18" (L) x 12" (H) x 4" (D). These were max dimensions at the furthest point. The shape of them is not traditional. Looking closely, I am inclined to go with a dry sac for my clothes and see how the bags themselves hold up. The zipper seems to be protected from the elements but until I've ridden through a downpour for an hour or two, it's tough to declare how well they will perform.

The rain cover is made of a heavy rubber material and would seem to do the trick...

Did anyone else notice the Pannier warning label saying MAX Speed is 130kph? Speaking of warning labels, just 15 on the bike at time of delivery!

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Thanks for all your help. Everything looked great and really don’t look out of place. The Triumph designers sure did an excellent job on this bike.

I installed the mounts and the luggage rack this morning (before the wife got up) and in my opinion, the mounts do NOT take away from the bike at all (without the panniers installed).

The panniers themselves are a little odd ball in shape but rough dimensions would be 18" (L) x 12" (H) x 4" (D). These were max dimensions at the furthest point. The shape of them is not traditional. Looking closely, I am inclined to go with a dry sac for my clothes and see how the bags themselves hold up. The zipper seems to be protected from the elements but until I've ridden through a downpour for an hour or two, it's tough to declare how well they will perform.

The rain cover is made of a heavy rubber material and would seem to do the trick...

Did anyone else notice the Pannier warning label saying MAX Speed is 130kph? Speaking of warning labels, just 15 on the bike at time of delivery!

Hope that helps

Back