Question for R3GT Owners

technoguppy

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
The panniers (saddlebags) are not waterproof per Givi and Triumph (Boooo!!!)

They come with rain covers but who wants to give up 1L of space in a 20L bag for a cover!!!

My question for those of you who ride in rain, hail, sleet, snow, and all points in between is as follows:

I do long trips in the summer, pack light, do laundry on the road but I would rather my contents stayed dry without having to resort to stopping to put covers on.

Can you recommend a 20L - 25L waterproof inner bag of which you have actual experience??

Footnote: Arghhh. Seriously, Givi bags are the best! Why they couldn't do these panniers as waterproof I have no idea! Likely to sell me something else after I've spend all my money on the panniers themselves...

As always, thanks in advance Captains!

They come with rain covers but who wants to give up 1L of space in a 20L bag for a cover!!!

My question for those of you who ride in rain, hail, sleet, snow, and all points in between is as follows:

I do long trips in the summer, pack light, do laundry on the road but I would rather my contents stayed dry without having to resort to stopping to put covers on.

Can you recommend a 20L - 25L waterproof inner bag of which you have actual experience??

Footnote: Arghhh. Seriously, Givi bags are the best! Why they couldn't do these panniers as waterproof I have no idea! Likely to sell me something else after I've spend all my money on the panniers themselves...

for r3t would recommend these:

US $38.67 7% OFF|Black Saddlebags Liners Saddle Bag For Harley Road King Street Glide Ultra Electra Glide 1994 2013 95 98 99 2006 2008 2012-in Covers & Ornamental Mouldings from Automobiles & Motorcycles on AliExpress

have no idea why above link does not work. only description

It looks like they are using an EZ bracket or Ghost Bracket type of mount for the panniers. If that is the case then your options for aftermarket panniers will be huge.

It’s a special bracket. It would be mice if it fit other Givi side case but I bet it doesn’t.

The cover I got would not take up any where near a liter of space. Both would fit in a coffee cup. It is a shame that we would need them at all.:(

Back