Question about new tune

ChicagoRocket

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph Rocket 3 R Chrome Edition
Hey Gang,

As some of you know I got my bike custom tuned Thursday. Drove it home super smooth...finally got a chance to ride for awhile today and i'm getting a little stumble in 2nd and 3rd gear around 3500-4000rpm...it seems like when I roll on the throttle slowly or fast it stumbles slightly and then takes off like the animal she is. Doesn't do it all the time, and it seemed to get worse the longer I rode the bike today (it's 91 degrees out and HOTTT!).

My tuner doesn't open back up until Tuesday and I know he will square it away, but is there anything I should be checking? It wasn't doing that before, so I know it's in the tune or the something with the PC5 install they did as well.

Should I be checking for things like battery cables etc...just wondering if there is anything I can do before Tuesday.

Thanks!

I think if it was the Tps you'd feel it in all gears. I'd just speak to your tuner tuesday.

Got ya. What was wrong with tps?
They just wear out. From the way it was described to me, they are like a rheostat, and tend to wear out in a range where they spend a lot of time. Someone helped me diagnose it, by having me set it, do all of the resets, then start it up, shut it down, and recheck. It would only be a little off, but changing it fixed the problem.

It could be. The TPS needs to be set precisely for the stock ECU then calibrated in the PC-V software or you'll get strange conditions like your experiencing.

Back