Progressive Shocks

bobchandler

Standard Bore
Can someone tell me what length the rear stock shocks are on my 2006 R3 Classic? I think they are 12" but need to be sure before I purchase progressive 440 replacements. Also, the part no. for the ones I'm about to purchase is 440-4229C which are listed as cruisers. Is this a good choice for me @ 190 lbs. I will be traveling trans USA this summer with about 50 lbs of personal gear.

Thanx,

Bobby C

do a search, but I'm almost positive the stock length is 12.5, plenty of references on the site.

I purchased the longest ones they have because I wanted the extra height. and I also got the HD ones because I'm 240 by my lonesome.
Oops I wrote 140, ment 240 shoot

You should be fine with regular ones unless you really load the bike up..

most sub 200 pounders prefer the regular shocks vs the HD ones.

measure yours from eye to eye and they shoudl be 12.5 ( of course they may be compressed some on the bike)

The stocks are 12.5 inches. 440 standard numbers are: 440-4209B/C and 440 heavy duty numbers are:440-4233B/C.

Native One

Thanks for the info guys.

I almost jumped on a pair of 12" progressives shown on Ebay. I am glad I didnt' before hearing about 12.5" standards. I bought the bike used, so I think I will measure the distance just for good measure.

Thanks again,

Bobby C

Nothing wrong with a .5" drop. I put 11.5s on mine and dropped my forks to match.

Juggernaut,

Good point, I don't think that .5" would be that big of a deal. However, at 5' 11" I'm happy with the standard bike height. But then again, I would need to see and feel the difference to qualify my preference. Basically I guess I'm just to scared to take a gamble. Ha!

Thanks for the input,

Bobby C

Yeah, my 1" drop was all because of my height. I'm only 5'9".

I run 11.5 inch on the rear with no problem. I'm 5'10" so it helps me out also and it looks better. Have not dropped the front yet but will try it soon.

biker1059 said:
I run 11.5 inch on the rear with no problem. I'm 5'10" so it helps me out also and it looks better. Have not dropped the front yet but will try it soon.

Get a digital caliper when you drop the front forks in the clamps. You're going to want both sides to be exact.

NAPA has some on sale for $20 right now.

Has anybody dropped down using Corbin Bags? I have Progressives at stock length, but thought about going 1/2" shorter but worried about exhaust against bottom of bags.

Back