Mike188

Living Legend
Ride
Matt Black 2012 R3R
Well one of the fork seals is leaking and since the beast is due for a service I thought, might as well get Progressive Springs for the front at the same time. They arrived in record time (Thanks J&P Cycles, purchased on Tue 26/03 and arrived Mon 01/04, so less than a week USA to Oz).
Question is what weight fork oil are other captains running once they have done this upgrade?

7 grade brutha....one wee tip...because the progressives are wound tighter than the stocks, make sure the oil levels are correct when you are finished. What we did was slip a plastic tie down the forks to see where it came to, as a dip stick if you like, prior to taking the old springs out and then fill it to the same mark when you put the new tighter springs and heavier oil in.
If you put the same volume in as what came out, the level will be higher resulting in a stiffer front setup...if that makes sense...

7 grade brutha....one wee tip...because the progressives are wound tighter than the stocks, make sure the oil levels are correct when you are finished. What we did was slip a plastic tie down the forks to see where it came to, as a dip stick if you like, prior to taking the old springs out and then fill it to the same mark when you put the new tighter springs and heavier oil in.
If you put the same volume in as what came out, the level will be higher resulting in a stiffer front setup...if that makes sense...
Yep makes sense. But to old/tired/lazy to do work myself. Have a very good old school bike mechanic that does my work for me.

[QUOTE = "Mike188, post: 587151, member: 4633"] Да, имеет смысл. Но для старых / усталых / ленивых делать работу самому. Есть очень хороший старый школьный велосипедный механик, который делает мою работу за меня. [/ QUOTE]

Привет! Я купил себе прогрессивные пружины и планирую заменить масло с индексом W10. Поделитесь опытом, улучшится ли управляемость, произойдет ли поломка штекера и как с комфортом в активном режиме передвижения по городу?

[QUOTE = "Mike188, post: 587151, member: 4633"] Да, имеет смысл. Но для старых / усталых / ленивых делать работу самому. Есть очень хороший старый школьный велосипедный механик, который делает мою работу за меня. [/ QUOTE]

Привет! Я купил себе прогрессивные пружины и планирую заменить масло с индексом W10. Поделитесь опытом, улучшится ли управляемость, произойдет ли поломка штекера и как с комфортом в активном режиме передвижения по городу?
I think this is what Vovasik ment: Hello! I bought progressive springs and plan to change the oil with the index W10. Share your experience, will the handling improve, will the plug break, and how will it be comfortable in the active city driving mode?

Back