Problem with the lights.

vini

Time Traveller
Ride
2004 Triumph Rocket III
Hi guys. Not been around in a while. Been tending to the needs of the less fortunate. My Wife. Anyway I hope you are all doing OK? Last night I went to fire up the bike and as the lights came on I herd the click as they all went off again. The click being the fuse under the seat. I tested the feed with a multi meter and everything seemed OK. I replaced the fuse and turn on the ignition and low and behold the lights came on. Except that is the tail and number/licence plate light. I have tried new bulbs in both and checked for voltage. Nothing! I wonder if any of you guys might have had this as well or know the solution?

Thanks, vini

Turn your ignition key all the way to the left "turning park lights on" to see if the front park lights come on as you may have another blown fuse on the park light circuit.

Thanks Mittzy. Does anyone know where this fuse might be? I have looked for a decent schematic but I haven't found one yet.

Thanks Mittzy. Does anyone know where this fuse might be? I have looked for a decent schematic but I haven't found one yet.

So I have checked the parking lights and they work fine when locked and on park. I am at a total loss now. side lights working in park mode but nothing when the ignition is on. Like I said head lamp low and main good, brake light good.??

image.png

Under the seat...

I had the same issue this winter when I did some work on my bike. My 08 Touring has a connector for the rear lights located behind the right side panel. My problem was the male/female electric connector wasn't completely snapped together. I took it apart and cleaned the male side pins. I put electric grease on the pins and snapped the connectors together. Worked fine.

Thank you. I have tested all the fuses and they are all good thanks bedifferent. I will check behind the RH side panel thanks chip. I am going to take the tank off if all is good behind the panel. and do some serious fault finding. Again, thank you for your help.

Last edited:
Back